IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pulled steak
Costco has these huge beef ribs that look like they belong in a Fred Flintstone cartoon. What the hell do I do with these?

Cut them into thirds. Take each third which will contain two or three ribs and put it in a large vacuum seal bag. Salt and pepper keeping in mind none of the salt or pepper will burn off. Go lighter than you normally would. 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke mixed with 3 tablespoons of water. Split that between the three bags.

Set sous vide to 174 and toss those bags in and walk away for 4 days.

Cut open bags and yank those bones. Pour the bags through a colander and collect that lovely meat. Toss it into something you're happy cutting with and zip back and forth for a couple of seconds. At this point you have many sets of melting meat. Perfectly edible and tasty but not done yet.

Throw some hot capable oil into a large frying pan and set it to for 450 or whatever your favorite sear temperature is.

When oil is hot, toss the meat in and zip it around for a few seconds letting bits get brown as desired.

At this point you have perfect bits of melting steak, the texture of pulled pork and you can add sauce if you wish or just enjoy.
New It wets my mouth to read it. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New And well it should
I tried to find large cuts of cheap meat and then figure out what I can sous vide.

Beef ribs are the ultimate best part yet worst part of the cut.

Sous vide allows me to handle this when I'm sure I would screw it up any other way.

Also, this is not the only way I did those ribs. I did 125 for 3 days and put them on the barbecue for the final sear. Perfect rare steak that you chew from the bone, but at the same time the tendons were still secure.

This is a personal choice issue. Some people like to chew rare steak on the bone. Others would like the pulled pork texture combined with a barbecue sauce dropped on a soft roll. I'm just amazed I can get both and I know how to control it now.
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 4, 2023, 10:53:43 AM EST
New around here beef ribs are $6 per lb after white people discovered them. ox tails $9 lb
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I hate when people "discover" one of my favorites
--

Drew
     Pulled steak - (crazy) - (4)
         It wets my mouth to read it. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             And well it should - (crazy) - (2)
                 around here beef ribs are $6 per lb after white people discovered them. ox tails $9 lb -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     I hate when people "discover" one of my favorites -NT - (drook)

You can't take something off the Internet. It's like taking pee out of a swimming pool.
125 ms