IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And why would a rave be news?
The simple existence of whatever they call a rave in Saudi Arabia is an incredible event. Music was illegal there 5 years ago.

And there were women dancing in revealing outfits without being beaten.

Music transmits thoughts and knowledge to a population faster than anything else. The suppression of music enables absolute authority. You have to keep a serious police infrastructure in there to beat people if they have a radio tuned to a music station coming over the border or from smuggled CDs. Especially when the music is singing hardcore about revolting against the authority.

As much as we love to hate MBS, he has transformed that society and as long as he remains in some serious lock, hard power to keep the old folks from crushing the young folks this society can be fully transformed in another 20-30 years.

He had to lock in all the money and then he had to take control of the religious authorities. He beat and extorted and killed a lot of people in this process.

The alternative is a coup by the old guard. The young folks lived too much privileged moneyed existence to fight for anything. Their society does not have the concept of a Democratic tradition. It's always going to be authoritative to somebody for at least a generation. Him or the old guard?

Ignoring their economic or political ties with any other country and just focusing on their internal societal structure. Would you prefer to see this path going forward or do you see any better alternative?

I support MBS. You got to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-saudi-rave-sparks-debate-over-kingdoms-cultural-transformation-11672458527
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 1, 2023, 11:41:04 AM EST
New mbs does not appear to understand prince rules
A prince can do anything he wants until he can't
if he doesnt get that it is a matter of time until someone explains it to him slow.

King Abdullah of Jordan understands that rule very well
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I'd like to see a revolution to make Saudi Arabia a democracy.
Unfortunately, the armed forces make it next to impossible.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     And why would a rave be news? - (crazy) - (2)
         mbs does not appear to understand prince rules - (boxley)
         I'd like to see a revolution to make Saudi Arabia a democracy. - (a6l6e6x)

For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!
63 ms