IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Who here pays for YouTube?
I post a lot of YouTube links and I realize it's probably really annoying to those of you who don't pay for it. Those commercials show up at the worst moments. It hooked me a few years ago and I figured 12 bucks a month was worth it. It was probably 9 in those days.

Anyway, is posting YouTube links annoying? I consider this the best 12 bucks I could possibly spend at any given month. I get unlimited music and real-time news and historical anything I want. It might take a little searching but if I want it I'll find it. Like I said, best 12 bucks I could ever spend.

So consider this an ad for YouTube if the commercials annoy you or just tell me to don't do that or tell me you don't care. I'm trying to figure out what's appropriate.
New I pay. $8 a month or so.
New Good
I stopped paying attention when the difference is two or three bucks and my wife keeps track of that

My brother told me I was annoying him by sending him YouTube links because it would force him to go through the commercials.
New I'm a cheapskate.
I kill the commercial as soon as possible, but I put up with it.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Same, mildly annoying but not enough to turn me off
--

Drew
New Mee three.
New UBlock Origin...
...means never having to watch an ad.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New I also pay.
I signed up within a month or two of Youtube Red launching here in Oz, originally because I got sick of the ads. First streaming service I ever paid for. Never looked back, especially when within a few days it suggested I try the Youtube Music app, which I'd not heard of. But Youtube Music inherits my Likes from Youtube and that totally sold me. No training needed! I *love* YouTube Music. :-)

And I'm so glad they've stuck to their original model: you pay, you don't get ads. Ever.

Wade.
New Short version: no.
Long version: loooooooooool no.

Like Thane says, uBlock Origin gets you an ad-free YT.
New Because I don't use a browser
99% of my YouTube interaction is via the YouTube application on my projector. It works well.
     Who here pays for YouTube? - (crazy) - (9)
         I pay. $8 a month or so. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Good - (crazy)
         I'm a cheapskate. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Same, mildly annoying but not enough to turn me off -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 Mee three. -NT - (CRConrad)
         UBlock Origin... - (InThane)
         I also pay. - (static)
         Short version: no. - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Because I don't use a browser - (crazy)

Travelling at the speed of light with the headlights on.
68 ms