IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So, in winter you're running a hymidifier in your house?
I've done that in the more recent years of my life but not when I lived in NY state in the 1960's and 1970's.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Dec. 11, 2022, 09:27:30 PM EST
New Yup.
We've got an "April Aire" thing on our furnace. It works well, but wastes a lot of water so I don't usually turn it on. Our home is usually above 30%, so it's Ok.

Work is another story. The air is painfully dry there in the winter (old HVAC, no added humidity) - routinely below 15%. :-/ I used to get sinus infections every winter, but unsurprisingly I haven't any longer since I've been wearing masks while indoors... ;-)

Case are going up. Be careful out there!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Watch that thing
I had a whole house humidifier set up that joined in at the output of the furnace to the airflow. Forgot about it for a season and it had some hideous mold in there. Keep it clean. Pay attention to it or it will kill you.
New Good advice. We do check it. Thanks.
New I read that as "...in your nose?" at first.
Obviously assumed you were kidding, surprised as fuck when you went on to explain you'd done it for real. Had to re-read the headline.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     Keep your nose warm to prevent colds and flu. - (crazy) - (8)
         It’s amazing how long it’s taken to figure that out! - (a6l6e6x)
         Cool, and useful, I like it -NT - (drook)
         My dad told me years ago that it was low humidity. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             So, in winter you're running a hymidifier in your house? - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 Yup. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Watch that thing - (crazy) - (1)
                         Good advice. We do check it. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 I read that as "...in your nose?" at first. - (CRConrad)

Most of what passes for 'humor' in Murica '02.
67 ms