IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My dad told me years ago that it was low humidity.
E.g. Yale study from 2019.

I suspect it's a bunch of things, working together. Bodies are insanely complicated.

Masking helps both! It keeps your nose warm and keeps humidity in to keep your nose and throat moist!

Cheers,
Scott.
New So, in winter you're running a hymidifier in your house?
I've done that in the more recent years of my life but not when I lived in NY state in the 1960's and 1970's.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Dec. 11, 2022, 09:27:30 PM EST
New Yup.
We've got an "April Aire" thing on our furnace. It works well, but wastes a lot of water so I don't usually turn it on. Our home is usually above 30%, so it's Ok.

Work is another story. The air is painfully dry there in the winter (old HVAC, no added humidity) - routinely below 15%. :-/ I used to get sinus infections every winter, but unsurprisingly I haven't any longer since I've been wearing masks while indoors... ;-)

Case are going up. Be careful out there!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Watch that thing
I had a whole house humidifier set up that joined in at the output of the furnace to the airflow. Forgot about it for a season and it had some hideous mold in there. Keep it clean. Pay attention to it or it will kill you.
New Good advice. We do check it. Thanks.
New I read that as "...in your nose?" at first.
Obviously assumed you were kidding, surprised as fuck when you went on to explain you'd done it for real. Had to re-read the headline.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     Keep your nose warm to prevent colds and flu. - (crazy) - (8)
         It’s amazing how long it’s taken to figure that out! - (a6l6e6x)
         Cool, and useful, I like it -NT - (drook)
         My dad told me years ago that it was low humidity. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             So, in winter you're running a hymidifier in your house? - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 Yup. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Watch that thing - (crazy) - (1)
                         Good advice. We do check it. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 I read that as "...in your nose?" at first. - (CRConrad)

I've found if I press just the right spot on the base of the laptop while it's running, eCS will crash.
93 ms