IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New further trespasses upon Turing
OK, machine intelligence still isn’t sentient, but it’s able to do a damn good job—better than we might have predicted at the dawn of the present century—of mimicry. Exhibit X:

cordially,

“vhs”/
New Re: further trespasses upon Turing
Weirdness. Images hosted on your domain are not displaying here, even though you can do “open image in new window” and they display correctly.
New Browser security setting?
IWETHEY is secured, but the image server is not. That combination used to draw a warning but these days some just do not load the insecure content.

Opening in a new tab/window works as the security conflict disappears.
New That must be it.
IWETHEY is https. Rand’s links are http.
New That's fabulous
I'm playing with an image generator to see if I can get suitable illustrations for a children's* book I want to publish. Here's what I got on a first attempt to go with this story.

I'm liking the bottom-right one.

* "Truly disturbing campfire stories for bad parents to tell bad children."
--

Drew
New Bottom-right picture is definitely the proper one.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Probably, but I like the creepy abstractness of the top-right
--

Drew
New But too much like a cartoon.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: That's fabulous
What is the image generator you’re using here?

curiously,
New Midjourney, it's a Discord server
--

Drew
     further trespasses upon Turing - (rcareaga) - (9)
         Re: further trespasses upon Turing - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Browser security setting? - (scoenye) - (1)
                 That must be it. - (pwhysall)
         That's fabulous - (drook) - (5)
             Bottom-right picture is definitely the proper one. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Probably, but I like the creepy abstractness of the top-right -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     But too much like a cartoon. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Re: That's fabulous - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Midjourney, it's a Discord server -NT - (drook)

Listeners, the City Council, for national security reasons, have replaced the following report with the sound of a burbling brook, followed by the sound of a running blender.
57 ms