IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Educational and adorable
Old man trash talking in a chess game against an adorable little girl.

Chess games are the perfect limited time videos. If there's no talking I'll fast forward to the board about half filled and then try to concentrate on the moves. At that point they're slapping the clock and moving as fast as they can, which is way faster than I can keep up. So I will pause it and analyze the chess board.

The moment one of them pauses it means that they are reacting surprisingly, rather than executing the current plan. Their opponent has done something to block their plan. So that's the moment I try to figure out where I'd move and then see if it matches and see what I missed because I usually miss stuff that the player can see.

If there's trash talking, I'm kicking back and enjoying. And then getting a double thrill on the end game based on who's trash talking and what they said.

https://youtu.be/XMJ56ZkrZYc

Versus educational and terrifying.

It's a given humans can't beat bots. But as the bots have evolved, it became interesting to try to understand their style of play and what they're trying to accomplish and what risks they're willing to take. And then learn from that because humans are risk-averse which doesn't make sense in a game of chess. Go ahead and give up 3/4 of your major pieces. There's an end game in mind.

Another interesting thing to watch is as each generation of bot play each other. The last generation would easily beat the best chess grandmaster, but its style of play was human like. It learned from rules. It learned from historical games. It learned from strategy books. The current bot learned by playing itself a few hundred million times in a day. When it was done it determined what strategies it wanted to implement and it was nothing like any human play whatsoever. Think about how the AIs are evolving and get a feeling of that type of transition.

One lesson learned is to lock in your opponents as tight as you can as fast as you can.

https://youtu.be/-ZVbDR3sRRo

Versus educational and entertaining.

https://youtu.be/-g4-JWcexts
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 6, 2022, 05:16:10 PM EST
New I wonder if humans will evolve again
We've spent centuries playing against other humans. With this sudden burst of new strategies, (some) human players will eventually pick up on what the computers have figured out. I wonder if, at some point, humans will have a resurgence once they absorb the new philosophy.
--

Drew
New It won't matter
We can't use the same strategy as them. They see every move to the end of the game before making their current move. We see two or three moves in advance. A few of us might see through four. That's it. We won't evolve a better memory and the ability to map out every possible move to the end of a game, including every alternative depending on how the opponent plays.
New I am reminded of a certain Star Trek: TNG episode.
The one where Commander Data tries to play a grandmaster at some invented competitive logic game. Of course, everyone has very high hopes because he's essentially a computer. But he gets soundly trounced in the first game.

OF course, this being TV, he eventually has an epiphany and his second game at the end of the episode results in the grandmaster abandoning the match!

Data's epiphany? He had been playing to win, which the grandmaster knew extremely well how to counter and defeat. He changed tactics: second time he played to make the board even. The grandmaster didn't know how to counter that!

Wade.
     Educational and adorable - (crazy) - (3)
         I wonder if humans will evolve again - (drook) - (1)
             It won't matter - (crazy)
         I am reminded of a certain Star Trek: TNG episode. - (static)

A vampire walrus would look just like a regular walrus.
41 ms