IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Back on the Mac
For the past 5 very pleasant years I have done my mobile computing on a Surface Pro 5, but with 8GB and a nowadays-a-bit-limited SSD of very modest performance, it’s feeling decidedly long in the tooth. I decided my next machine would be un ordinateur portable fruité.

Some stuff happened, many many many YouTube videos were watched, and here I am with a 14” M1 Pro MacBook Pro (base model: 8 CPU/14 GPU cores, 16GB, 512GB).

It’s very nice. Key “cor, that’s great” features are the performance, screen, speakers (seriously; these are much better than they have any right to be) and battery life. Also being able to open it with one hand is one of those things that you don’t realise how many laptop manufacturers simply can’t/won’t do.

I am now the worst of both worlds: a complete Applevert (iPad, iPhone, Watch, MacBook) and one of those annoying shits who actually really likes Windows 11.
New "performance, screen, speakers and battery life" So basically "all the things" then?
--

Drew
New Re: "performance, screen, speakers and battery life" So basically "all the things" then?
There’s also the fact it’s all-but-silent (haven’t heard a fan yet), has a stellar trackpad and keyboard, the webcam is very good, it’s got MagSafe, it’s very light (for a powerful laptop) at 1.6kg, and has SD card and full-sized HDMI ports. But it’s mainly the things I originally said, yes.
New Didn't they abandon MagSafe a generation or so back?
I guess they heard the screaming.
--

Drew
New Yes, and they were roundly criticized for it at the time, too.
I'm not sure who left, but there are a number of daft technology usability decisions Apple has done in the last couple of years that are gradually being "corrected".

Wade.
     Back on the Mac - (pwhysall) - (4)
         "performance, screen, speakers and battery life" So basically "all the things" then? -NT - (drook) - (3)
             Re: "performance, screen, speakers and battery life" So basically "all the things" then? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Didn't they abandon MagSafe a generation or so back? - (drook) - (1)
                     Yes, and they were roundly criticized for it at the time, too. - (static)

He’s big and he’s in the vomit!
40 ms