IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well I must agree about Ben Tilly.
I remember reading his posts when the predecessor of this group was on InfoWorld.Com in the late 1990s. Bright and well expressed ideas.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Good old. I remember when
Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

I was in my mid-20s and I kicked off a notification to him that I was going to be traveling to New York from Cherry Hill, New Jersey and I had a few hours to kill and would he like to join me. I was going to an Oracle user group. I was taking the train in.

He met me at his office. He was in a slightly panicky frame of mind. It seems that he made the mistake of giving too much to some public user group and he exposed corporate secrets. So he was in the midst of negotiating his exit from the current company cuz they were really pissed off at him. I love the fact that his status on the perl website was that he was a saint. He had answered enough questions that everyone who has interacted with him voted him up and internally that meant he was a saint. Good old saint Ben.

At that moment I got a phone call about a problem employee. I was trying to fire him but it was next impossible. Ben told me that A's want to work with A's and B's want to work with C's and that's why you have a C employee and you have to hand them off to the B's. We had the B team so I know exactly what to do.

Everything was easy and succinct when I dealt with Ben. He could dive to the center of the subject matter and slice out the b*******.
     So is Dunning-Kruger real? - (crazy) - (5)
         Well I must agree about Ben Tilly. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Good old. I remember when - (crazy)
         Well, Dunning-Krugerrands are popular with some if nothing else -NT - (scoenye)
         No - (drook)
         Ben still posts somewhat actively elsewhere. - (CRConrad)

Rooms were made for carpets, towers made for spires. Ships were made for cannonade to fire off from inside them.
54 ms