IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How close are you to the bombs falling?
If you are very close you can come live with me. I seem to recall you have a wife and a kid and I apologize for the concept of uprooting your life but the West Coast of the US may be good for you. So if you're in that situation you can come live with me for a year or two.
Expand Edited by crazy Nov. 17, 2022, 08:38:26 PM EST
New I don't expect you to say yes at the moment
You might. But that's a lot of discussion with the wife and career stuff and all kinds of stuff. So the key issue here is you always have an escape hatch. I've got enough room to put you and a wife up with the kid for a while. And this world is crazy right now. I have no idea what's going to happen next. And your side of the world is crazy dangerous and I want you to be safe and respond to be safe. So that's why I've stated my opening.
New Double post because I hit the save button while waiting
You might. But that's a lot of discussion with the wife and career stuff and all kinds of stuff. So the key issue here is you always have an escape hatch. I've got enough room to put you and a wife up with the kid for a while. And this world is crazy right now. I have no idea what's going to happen next. And your side of the world is crazy dangerous and I want you to be safe and respond to be safe. So that's why I've stated my opening.
Expand Edited by crazy Nov. 17, 2022, 09:02:43 PM EST
New Great to know, thanks a lot.
But no, we live hundreds of miles away, so I'm fairly sure that won't be needed. I can't really see any scenario in the immediate future where Muscovy could free the resources to try the Winter War again.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Pretty sure the Finns would chew the Red Army up
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yep, all one has to do is look at their war with Soviets in 1939.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Let's hope so: My son Max will report for basic training on January 3rd.
Don't know for how long, yet: The minimum is apparently just under six months, but most who want to get to do about a year. I hope he'll belong to those (and why not another six months or a year, or however long the ROC might be, on top).

[Edit:] BTW, I'm pretty sure it's not called the Red Army anymore. Not called that, even though in practice it seems to be much the same. [/Edit]
--

Christian R. Conrad

Expand Edited by CRConrad Nov. 22, 2022, 02:31:14 AM EST
New Amazing! He will be 20 in 2023 and I remember when you posted that he was born.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Hah, yeah...
https://forum.iwethey.org/forum/post/96943/

I've looked it up once or twice before: https://www.google.com/search?q=4080+site%3Aiwethey.org

It's the only hit when googling for his birth weight, which for some reason I do remember.
--

Christian R. Conrad

New Wow, those posts are still alive!
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
     YouTube commentator explaining the term "strict liability" on the international level: - (CRConrad) - (10)
         How close are you to the bombs falling? - (crazy) - (9)
             I don't expect you to say yes at the moment - (crazy)
             Double post because I hit the save button while waiting - (crazy)
             Great to know, thanks a lot. - (CRConrad) - (6)
                 Pretty sure the Finns would chew the Red Army up -NT - (malraux) - (5)
                     Yep, all one has to do is look at their war with Soviets in 1939. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Let's hope so: My son Max will report for basic training on January 3rd. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         Amazing! He will be 20 in 2023 and I remember when you posted that he was born. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Hah, yeah... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Wow, those posts are still alive! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Hello, boys and girls! Here we are in Romper Room school again!
104 ms