IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Best one I've ever ridden
This first is the official POV footage.

https://youtu.be/RTXTbzctl0c

The next two are handheld. Pretty good visuals, but the sound is shit. You'll want to turn it down if you've got good bass, or headphones.

I rode at night, which was even better. We were in the front seat like this next vid, but it's a little hard to appreciate without a clear view of the ground

https://youtu.be/NqnileYfUSo

This next one is either a better camera or it was at dusk, because you can still see the ground. And from the back seat you can see the train ahead moving.

https://youtu.be/Gk5h90ackG0
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Nov. 15, 2022, 12:46:17 PM EST
New In the dark, predicting motion is much harder.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Is that the one that replaced Mean Streak?
I never got a chance to ride it.

Mean Streak was *terrible*, incredibly painful to ride.

I stopped riding them after a visit to King's Island 10 years ago or so resulted in chronic vertigo.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New It used to *be* Mean Streak
Per Wikipedia:
Steel Vengeance, formerly known as Mean Streak, is a steel roller coaster at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. The roller coaster, originally constructed by Dinn Corporation as a wooden roller coaster, was rebuilt by Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) and opened to the public on May 5, 2018. It is a hybrid coaster, using RMC's steel I-Box track and a significant portion of Mean Streak's former support structure. Upon completion, Steel Vengeance set 10 world records, including those for the tallest, fastest, and longest hybrid roller coaster.

Mean Streak opened to the public on May 11, 1991, as the tallest wooden coaster in the world with the longest drop height. After more than 25 years of operation, Cedar Point closed Mean Streak on September 16, 2016, casting doubt and uncertainty regarding the ride's future. Over time, the park dropped subtle hints about a possible track conversion, which was officially confirmed in August 2017. It was marketed as the world's first hybrid hypercoaster – a wooden and steel roller coaster at least 200 feet (61 m) in height – and reemerged as Steel Vengeance. A minor collision on opening day led to a temporary closure and later modifications from RMC.
--

Drew
New Is it smoother now?
The original was jarring as hell.

It also didn't have barrel rolls, so that seems like a fun improvement if they fixed the teeth-rattling of the original.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New It's super smooth
--

Drew
New Super smooth doesn't mean anything to me.
Hard g Force to the side is enough to just put me to sleep. My brain basically just tells the world to go f*** itself and goes away. Those days of trying are over. Since I waited once a year to enjoy the coasters, I had to make a strong decision. The decision was to never get on one of these again.
New This is a hard no for you, then
--

Drew
     Roller coaster videos - (crazy) - (18)
         Re: Roller coaster videos - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
             Best one I've ever ridden - (drook) - (7)
                 In the dark, predicting motion is much harder. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Is that the one that replaced Mean Streak? - (malraux) - (5)
                     It used to *be* Mean Streak - (drook) - (4)
                         Is it smoother now? - (malraux) - (3)
                             It's super smooth -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                 Super smooth doesn't mean anything to me. - (crazy) - (1)
                                     This is a hard no for you, then -NT - (drook)
         Heh - (scoenye) - (8)
             Google "splash mountain chess" images -NT - (drook) - (7)
                 Wonder what other XKCD's are being used as a manual (shudder...) -NT - (scoenye) - (6)
                     927: Standards - (drook) - (5)
                         Was thinking more along the lines of 325 or 562 - (scoenye) - (4)
                             Ooh... 325 is one of my faves! -NT - (static) - (3)
                                 Given recent developments originating from the EU, the alt-text of 927 is even better now. -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                     That is also a fave! :-D - (static) - (1)
                                         I know that number; which of my two all-time favourites is ... Oh, it's me! - (CRConrad)

I'll let that picture pass...
111 ms