IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New annals of oncology: update
Well, the good people at Cedars-Sinai in West Hollywood unsheathed their scalpels and gutted Lina like a trout last week, and there was much rejoicing. The attending surgeon told me “We could see where the tumors were, but no trace of where they are” (this with reference to what appears to have been a highly efficacious course of chemotherapy—her blood “cancer markers,” measured pre-op, were down 95%+). Does this mean she’s “cured?” I have heard her telling friends on the phone that she’s “cancer-free,” and I am not disposed to gainsay her. Everything I’ve read about her condition suggests that it’s invariably terminal, but the therapeutic approach that has been here essayed is a relatively new one—or rather, a newish variation administered in the belief that hyperthermic treatment should be administered at the front-end of the regimen rather than as a holding action on the outskirts of Berlin. We’ll see. There are grounds for hoping, however, that we may have purchased a couple of years of remission.

L is still feeling pretty rocky nine days on, but reports that each passing day is less dire. We’re hoping to quit SoCal (where the weather has finally turned clement) on Sunday, returning at month’s end for the first of two follow-up chemo sessions.

cordially,
Expand Edited by rcareaga Nov. 11, 2022, 11:32:30 PM EST
New good to hear
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Hope is good. :-) Thanks for the news. Enjoy!
New Great news!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New That's great to hear!
Here's hoping that her improvement continues.

Everybody's condition is invariably terminal. I'm glad she's moved her date back.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Great news. Thank you
New Indeed. Very good to hear.
New Great to hear, rooting for it to stay that way!
Please don't get too discouraged by what I'm going to post here next.

(And apologies in advance for stealing the headline.)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     annals of oncology: update - (rcareaga) - (7)
         good to hear -NT - (boxley)
         Hope is good. :-) Thanks for the news. Enjoy! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Great news! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         That's great to hear! - (malraux)
         Great news. Thank you -NT - (crazy)
         Indeed. Very good to hear. -NT - (scoenye)
         Great to hear, rooting for it to stay that way! - (CRConrad)

Lobsters are the mermaid versions of scorpions.
81 ms