IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So, Peter: Venezuela, Haiti, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia...
How does it feel now that the United Kingdom is about to join the list of failed states?
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Well, they're likely to have a prime minister Rishi Sunak of Indian descent.
That's something.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New What, him being Indian specifically?
Can't see how that's all that much of a bonus. Him being a billionaire (or only almost; is it his wife that has the real money?) seems to me to be the more important characteristic of his: He's light-years distanced from the ordinary proles he's about to govern.
--

Christian R. Conrad

New He is a son of immigrants, not white, and more moderate than Liz Truss.
That's showing a type of democracy that's being challenged in the US.

But, you're right he's very wealthy.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New If the average refugee from a methadone clinic can look at tfg and find him relatable ...
This guy is plenty relatable to the average immigrant.
--

Drew
New Whew, that was close, but you seem to have scraped by...
...by the skin of your teeth. Seems I was misinformed as I wrote the above: Then it seemed BoJo was drifting on an open-faced prawn sandwich[1] en route to getting back into Number Ten.

That really would have put you, at least in my eyes (and those of the world?), in with those failed states and all the other -- as someone memorably called them -- third-world shithole countries.

---

[1]: The Swedish expression, "glida på en räkmacka", means just bumbling along and having everything you want handed to you. ~ Sailing the M/S Trust Fund propelled by all the spinning silver spoons stuck up your arse since birth, in Anglo-Saxon.
--

Christian R. Conrad

New <writes that one down>
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     So, Peter: Venezuela, Haiti, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia... - (CRConrad) - (6)
         Well, they're likely to have a prime minister Rishi Sunak of Indian descent. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             What, him being Indian specifically? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 He is a son of immigrants, not white, and more moderate than Liz Truss. - (a6l6e6x)
                 If the average refugee from a methadone clinic can look at tfg and find him relatable ... - (drook)
         Whew, that was close, but you seem to have scraped by... - (CRConrad) - (1)
             <writes that one down> -NT - (malraux)

One of them was this cute little yellowtail, and she's giving me the eye. So I figured, this is my chance for a little fun. You know, piece o' Pisces.
44 ms