IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New sorry cali, we won't be pumping mississippi river water to you
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New And so it begins... Book recommendation:
The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi. Extrapolates this very scenario in a frighteningly convincing way, IMO.

Also, his Ship Breaker trilogy, which I've read two thirds of, and which seems to be set in the same or a very closely related universe. (It's described as "young adult", but didn't feel all that childish to me.)

[EDIT: Tpyo]
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
Expand Edited by CRConrad Oct. 24, 2022, 07:27:57 AM EDT
New surprised I hadn't read it will search the library thanks
New fantastic book thanks for the reccomend for the other possible effects of climate change
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16130400-rivers great book about non stop hurricanes in the gulf coast
the Gulf Coast has been brought to its knees. Years of catastrophic hurricanes have so punished and depleted the region that the government has drawn a new boundary ninety miles north of the coastline. Life below the Line offers no services, no electricity, and no resources, and those who stay behind live by their own rules—including Cohen, whose wife and unborn child were killed during an evacuation attempt. He buried them on family land and never left.
Expand Edited by boxley Nov. 2, 2022, 04:04:47 PM EDT
     sorry cali, we won't be pumping mississippi river water to you - (boxley) - (3)
         And so it begins... Book recommendation: - (CRConrad) - (2)
             surprised I hadn't read it will search the library thanks -NT - (boxley)
             fantastic book thanks for the reccomend for the other possible effects of climate change - (boxley)

Make your blood boil?
86 ms