IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And in most western countries.
Here in the land down under, we also have a what-do-we-do-with-all-our-recycling problem. Particularly glass.

It's well documented that various industries campaigned long and hard many years ago to get rid of paying for recyclable material. And governments rolled over because they wouldn't think far enough ahead.

Wade.
New Glass seems to be problematic (and I've contributed to the problem).
Heard / read somewhere (sorry, can't recall the source) that the kind of glass you can put to be recycled is only jars and bottles, not broken drinking glasses and stuff; the latter can't be re-melted the same way. I suppose it's that "crystal" glass is done at a much higher temperature, so mixing that in means it can't be re-used for jars and bottles. Should have hot the hint from how much thinner than simple containers tableware glass can be, and how much sharper the shards are. I only put jars in there now and save the rest for when I go to the recycling centre, where they have a more fine-grained classification of bins to put stuff in. But of course the glass bin in our building still has table glasses and vases and stuff in it, because most people don't know this.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Yeah... "glass is glass"... which it's not.
People also put stuff like broken Pyrex in "glass recycling" which needs its own special processing.

Wade.
     Give me rain. Damn it - (crazy) - (18)
         October 19th the weather will be warmer and wetter. - (a6l6e6x)
         So cardboard isn't recycled where you live; nowhere to take it? -NT - (CRConrad) - (16)
             They've broken recycling in the US - (drook) - (7)
                 We have separate recycling bins for plastic packaging too, but **** knows... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Scientists have found, completely by accident . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Wasn't that some kid's high school science fair project? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                             It was discovered by a lady . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 And in most western countries. - (static) - (2)
                     Glass seems to be problematic (and I've contributed to the problem). - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         Yeah... "glass is glass"... which it's not. - (static)
             It's not part of my garbage package - (crazy) - (7)
                 Not just compost piles - (drook) - (1)
                     Lasagna gardens, my ass! And spaghetti grows on trees, right?!? - (CRConrad)
                 Yeah, that sounds sucky. Maybe just save it for the gardening? - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Yes, absolutely everything comes in a cardboard box - (drook)
                     In the past 6 months of the burn ban - (crazy) - (2)
                         Holy shit, yeah, that's a lot. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             They offer discounts to consolidate - (crazy)

The haddock hits me with a sucker punch. I catch him with a left hook. He eels over. It was a fluke, but there he was, lying on the deck... flat as a mackerel. Kelpless.
87 ms