IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Scientists have found, completely by accident . . .
. . that the saliva of a certain moth lava destroys polyethylene, and does is amazingly quickly. Now if the organic chemists can figure out how to make it in volume, possibly by genetically engineered bacteria or something, it could solve one part of the plastics problem - unless it's found the byproducts of destruction are
highly damaging to the atmosphere.

Of course, one side effect of our current non-recycling (or destroying) of plastics, is they are sequestering a whole lot of carbon that might otherwise be floating around in the atmosphere.
New Wasn't that some kid's high school science fair project?
--

Drew
New It was discovered by a lady . . .
. . who was gathering the moth larva for a project. Don't know if it was her project or otherwise. She gathered them into a polyurethane bag, and when she got it home she noticed it was full of holes. I don't remember if she was a scientist or had plenty of contact with scientists.
     Give me rain. Damn it - (crazy) - (18)
         October 19th the weather will be warmer and wetter. - (a6l6e6x)
         So cardboard isn't recycled where you live; nowhere to take it? -NT - (CRConrad) - (16)
             They've broken recycling in the US - (drook) - (7)
                 We have separate recycling bins for plastic packaging too, but **** knows... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Scientists have found, completely by accident . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Wasn't that some kid's high school science fair project? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                             It was discovered by a lady . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 And in most western countries. - (static) - (2)
                     Glass seems to be problematic (and I've contributed to the problem). - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         Yeah... "glass is glass"... which it's not. - (static)
             It's not part of my garbage package - (crazy) - (7)
                 Not just compost piles - (drook) - (1)
                     Lasagna gardens, my ass! And spaghetti grows on trees, right?!? - (CRConrad)
                 Yeah, that sounds sucky. Maybe just save it for the gardening? - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Yes, absolutely everything comes in a cardboard box - (drook)
                     In the past 6 months of the burn ban - (crazy) - (2)
                         Holy shit, yeah, that's a lot. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             They offer discounts to consolidate - (crazy)

This is why I am in therapy.
179 ms