IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New the war comes home
I’ve mentioned earlier our Russian friend (b. 1956, Leningrad) who was bereft six years ago when a “family friend” was killed six years ago in an elevator. The guy turns out to have been a nasty piece of work, but we have tactfully neglected to bring this up over the years.

She has been, as one might imagine, all-in with the “special military operation” except…except…both her sons (whom we knew for years as teenagers) have returned to Russia. The younger, now in his mid-thirties, is presently in Rostov-on-the-Don all het up to enlist and to reclaim the newly-annexed territories. All of a sudden our friend is not so sure that the war is such a great idea…

cordially,
New She has plenty to worry about.
The largest force the Russians seem able to organize is the BTG (Batallion Tactical Group). These are supposed to have 200 infantry, 10 tanks, 40 infantry fighting vehicles, and possibly some mobile artillery - but most sent to Ukraine were already short on these items, and have become progressively shorter.

This is how a BTG operates: when advancing against the Ukrainians, a small swarm of untrained recruits are sent out ahead of the main force with light weapons. When they encounter Ukrainian defenses, most of them are killed immediately.

Now the main force knows where the Ukrainians are, and opens fire with tanks and artillery. It matters to them not a whit if their own troops are still in the target area. They are totally expendable.
New The younger son, having enlisted…
has apparently stopped a slug, or at least been subjected to some kind of battle-derived injury that has landed him in a military hospital. Knowing him (at least 16+ years ago) I daresay he probably thinks it was worth it to take one for Holy Mother Russia.

cordially,
New Ah, Mother Russia
https://youtu.be/I39oV-xaVxY

As a Slavic mutt, this song hits hard.
New Speaking of which
Report from Russia. She is risking her life to create these videos. Way braver than me.

13 minutes.

https://youtu.be/DlgHRZfd7QA
     the war comes home - (rcareaga) - (4)
         She has plenty to worry about. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             The younger son, having enlisted… - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 Ah, Mother Russia - (crazy) - (1)
                     Speaking of which - (crazy)