IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Someone blew up the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines
https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/1125401980/nord-stream-leaks-explosions-russia-natural-gas-sabotage
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2022/09/27/kremlin-extreem-bezorgd-over-lekken-in-nord-stream/ (Flemish but has more information)

Guess this is one way to make sure Putin can't play games with them anymore. The damage may be severe enough to make repair a long term or even impossible affair.
New It was probably VVP.
AlJazeera:

Anders Puck Nielsen, a researcher with the Center for Maritime Operations at the Royal Danish Defence College, said the timing of the leaks was “conspicuous” given the ceremony for the Baltic Pipe, a new system that will bring Norway’s gas to Poland.

He said perhaps someone sought “to send a signal that something could happen to the Norwegian gas”.

“But I think if we look at who would actually benefit from disturbances, more chaos on the gas market in Europe, I think there’s basically only one actor right now that actually benefits from more uncertainty, and that is Russia,” Puck Nielsen said.

Putin wants Europe to freeze this winter, to break their will in supporting Ukraine.

I don't think it will work.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Unfortunately the methane intensely damages the atmosphere.
Somehow burning the methane would reduce the damage caused by that of carbon dioxide.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Very possible, but in a way, this reduces uncertainty as well
Up to now, VVP was using the pipelines as psychological weapons. That potential is now gone. Europe knows it needs to find energy elsewhere and that is it. Russian gas can be permanently excluded from the planning. Germany has the largest dependency but they do have to option to recommission some nuclear plants to ease the crunch. It would be a political hot potato, but look at how popular opinion shifted overnight in Sweden and Finland due to the invasion.

Also, all nations involved with the Baltic Pipe are NATO members, either as suppliers or hosts to the pipe. An attack/sabotage on this pipe would likely come with bigger consequences.
     Someone blew up the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines - (scoenye) - (3)
         It was probably VVP. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Unfortunately the methane intensely damages the atmosphere. - (a6l6e6x)
             Very possible, but in a way, this reduces uncertainty as well - (scoenye)

It's spelled "LRPD", but it's pronounced "mumble"!
60 ms