IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New DLP well explained
https://youtu.be/GoEquOdUlGY

I love the technology. I love the way this guy explains it. I love the way he reads off his patron's names at the end of the video. I love it all.

I sat next to the guy (or at least was on the team at TI and his name is somewhere in the patent) who invented DLP on a plane back from comdex around 38 years ago. He explained to me that it was going to take over the world. He was right. It's still going strong and getting more use.
New You're right, that's a great video
--

Drew
New They just seem to be very fragile
As part of a renovation, my previous employer equipped all class rooms and conference rooms with InFocus DLP projectors. Some were ceiling mounted, some table mounted, and we had a couple of mobile setups. In all, we had over a dozen.

The DLP modules all failed, with some not even outlasting the projector's first bulb. Things would go perfectly fine, until one day a handful of dark dots would be scattered across the screen. From that point, things usually degenerated quickly until the quantity of dark dots made the output unusable. I don't think any of them lasted beyond 5 years.
New As far as I'm concerned, 99% of projectors suck
The few that didn't were very brand specific. Infocus was not in the list of brands to try. Hopefully my price prejudice and name prejudice saved me.
New Bad batch of chips, I suspect.
My previous projector was DLP and I only got rid of it when the motor for the colour wheel failed. I'd had it for more than 5 years and gone through four bulbs. The current projector is also DLP and still going strong. It's on its second bulb. I only recently got it ceiling mounted; before that it was on a little narrow shelf in the middle of the room. Both are BenQ.

Wade.
     DLP well explained - (crazy) - (4)
         You're right, that's a great video -NT - (drook)
         They just seem to be very fragile - (scoenye) - (2)
             As far as I'm concerned, 99% of projectors suck - (crazy)
             Bad batch of chips, I suspect. - (static)

Soundtrack now available on Atlantic Records.
76 ms