IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Welcoming of people both of the right kind and the wrong...
There, DrooK, fixed.
Expand Edited by CRConrad Aug. 28, 2022, 02:15:23 PM EDT
New People of the right *were* the wrong kind
--

Drew
New Well, these were people that did not want to go back to the Soviet Union.
And Germany was in bad shape recovering from WW-II.

If you've read what happened to the people that did return to the Soviet Union they did the right thing. Many of those that returned wound up in Siberia and died there. My father would have been killed.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I meant the cliche of all the Nazi war criminals also ending up in Argentina and Brazil.
Expand Edited by CRConrad Aug. 28, 2022, 02:21:10 PM EDT
New Oh, yes!
And they did not become farm workers.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Argentine Party Platter - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
         Looks good. For sure, no two bytes will be alike. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I would have thought there would be more spice - (drook) - (12)
             Re: I would have thought there would be more spice - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                 I guess their international immigration history has more influence than regional - (drook) - (10)
                     Right now population is about 79% European . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                         If Harry S. Truman had not signed the Displaced Persons Act of 1948... - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                             👍 -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Was Argentina exceptionally welcoming, or just didn't have the structure to refuse? -NT - (drook) - (6)
                                 Re: Was Argentina exceptionally welcoming, or just didn't have the structure to refuse? - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                     Welcoming of people both of the right kind and the wrong... -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                         People of the right *were* the wrong kind -NT - (drook)
                                         Well, these were people that did not want to go back to the Soviet Union. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                             I meant the cliche of all the Nazi war criminals also ending up in Argentina and Brazil. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 Oh, yes! - (a6l6e6x)

Relax... you're quite safe here.
104 ms