IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New News from the ailing distaff side
We returned today from our second spell in the sweltering Southland, L having received her second dose of chemo on Monday last. Her hair, as predicted, has abandoned ship. She has shed an astonishing amount of weight since her last birthday, just in advance of the onset of symptoms, and has aged extraordinarily: as a tactless friend observed, “Got some real concentration camp survivor vibe going on here.”

We (well, she, actually, but I endorse the decision) have opted for Cedars-Sinai in SoCal, preferring their programme to Oakland Cæsarcare’s evasive and dilatory approach to treatment. We are particularly gratified that her surgeon there is all-in with HIPEC, a remedy that Cæsarcare sneered at as, beancounters at the oncologist’s elbow, they all-but dismissed it as quackery. The Cedars-Sinai surgeon responds that HIPEC has hitherto been deployed as a last-ditch action for this condition once remission has inevitably waned. He, and an oncologist colleague, believe that remission can be significantly extended with the procedure inserted in conjunction with surgery (they will be carving out her ladyparts) halfway through the chemo regimen, and that my wife is a perfect “test case” to demonstrate the truth of this proposition. We’ll see. As Lina says, what have we got to lose?

cordially,
Collapse Edited by rcareaga Aug. 20, 2022, 12:41:03 AM EDT
News from the ailing distaff side
We returned today from our second spell in the sweltering Southland, L having received her second dose of chemo on Monday last. Her hair, as predicted, has abandoned ship. She has shed an astonishing amount of weight since her last birthday, just in advance of the onset of symptoms, and has aged extraordinarily: as a tactless friend observed, “Got some real concentration camp survivor vibe going on here.”

We (well, she, actually, but I endorse the decision) have opted for Cedars-Sinai in SoCal, preferring their programme to Oakland Cæsarcare’s evasive and dilatory approach to treatment. We are particularly gratified that her surgeon there is all-in with HIPEC, a remedy that Cæsarcare all but sneered at as, beancounters at the oncologist’s elbow, they all-but dismissed it as quackery. The Cedars-Sinai surgeon responds that HIPEC has hitherto been deployed as a last-ditch action for this condition once remission has inevitably waned. He, and an oncologist colleague, believe that remission can be significantly extended with the procedure inserted in conjunction with surgery (they will be carving out her ladyparts) halfway through the chemo regimen, and that my wife is a perfect “test case” to demonstrate the truth of this proposition. We’ll see, As Lina says, what have we got to lose?

cordially,
New Thanks for the update.
It's hard. Thanks to her and you for trying to help find better treatments.

Best of luck to you both. Hang in there!

Best wishes,
Scott.
New Ditto on Scott's thoughts!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Sending good vibes her way
For all the good that may or may not do.

I hope the treatments take; there's always hope: my father in law was given 6 months last November and he is now in complete remission and healthier than when he was given that grim diagnosis. May Lina do the same.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New looking at that page, nothing quakery about it, dicey but like you said. better than doing nothing
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
Expand Edited by boxley Aug. 20, 2022, 05:51:03 PM EDT
New Strength to you both. That description sounds grueling.
New Holding my thumbs.
In Sweden -- and Finland, I think -- crossing one's fingers is what little kids do behind their back, because then lying "doesn't count". For wishing someone luck, we hold our thumbs.

Holding mine 'til they're blue.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Enjoy the time you have.
Cancer is fucking awful.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
     News from the ailing distaff side - (rcareaga) - (7)
         Thanks for the update. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Ditto on Scott's thoughts! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Sending good vibes her way - (malraux)
         looking at that page, nothing quakery about it, dicey but like you said. better than doing nothing -NT - (boxley)
         Strength to you both. That description sounds grueling. -NT - (scoenye)
         Holding my thumbs. - (CRConrad)
         Enjoy the time you have. - (InThane)

Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer.
96 ms