IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My Carpenter/contractor gave me and my wife crabs
It's a great opening line for a joke. But in this case he simply gave me a bag of two large Dungeness crabs that were caught two days before and then cleaned and then flash frozen.

So I sous vide them and puncture the bag and put it in another bag and that one sealed and they were all just wonderful.

A month ago I put out my own crab traps. And got little baby nothings. Total waste of time. Today M put out two traps. One of the traps contained the standard chicken bait. The other trap contained the chicken bait combined with some random stinky stuff I bought off the web.

She waited 45 minutes. She simply tossed them off a dock. The boat safety certificate is at least a couple of months away and I'm not taking the boat out to the launch to throw crab traps until I have a real plan. I better have some serious large crab traps at that point. So anyway M waited 45 minutes.

In the standard chicken bait trap she got a bunch of little babies. In the stink added trap she got two monsters. A single crab is a full meal when you get one of these guys. And she got two of them.

Those f****** are dangerous. We have a fabric knit trap and they kept on clamping on to the trap while I reached into pull them out. If I manage to pull their claw off the netting it would then grasp my glove as it tried for my finger. That claw would have chopped my finger off. Next time I'm using my steel mesh glove. I was happy to toss them in the boiling water and laugh.

Okay, now I'm a believer. I can eat off the ocean here. Very well.
New Remember the limes, don't want scurvy
--

Drew
New nice
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     My Carpenter/contractor gave me and my wife crabs - (crazy) - (2)
         Remember the limes, don't want scurvy -NT - (drook)
         nice -NT - (boxley)

You're pretending to think.
85 ms