IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The problem here is . . .
. . that Goya's canned beans are among the best. Most include Calcium Chloride, a firming agent used in many foods and not harmful.

Some include Calcium Disodium EDTA, a chelating agent that binds to metals to protect flavor and color. It is considered safe even in much higher dosages than found in food, and is used to treat lead and mercury poisoning. It is very poorly absorbed by digestion in any case, about 5%.

And, speaking of Calcium Chloride. A great many Italian recipes say you MUST use Italian canned tomatoes. Double blind tastings have uniformly shown California Central Valley canned tomatoes to be distinctly superior.

The Italians claimed this was because California tomatoes were allowed to use Calcium Chloride as a firming agent. Now Italians are also allowed to, and do use Calcium Chloride in their tomatoes. The blind tasting results have not changed.

Blind testing often comes up with unexpected results.

There have been a couple large, well organized, testings of Violins, pitching modern violins against multi-million dollar Strads and Amatis. The testers were all highly reputed violinists represented on many recordings. The modern violins won hands down.
New Re: "Goya's canned beans are among the best"
So, I rechecked the kitchen pantry and see that my wife had bought two cans of Goya Black Beans. That's her domain.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Politics - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
         Right now, of all of his products, all I got is Goya Maria Cookies. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             The problem here is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Re: "Goya's canned beans are among the best" - (a6l6e6x)