IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I assumed these things existed but I didn't know how to find them
I'm running on sunk cost fallacy. I've already put these mounts up. It was a screaming sweating experience that I do not want to repeat. Nor do I want to pay someone else to put other ones up.

The ball that contains the initial bolt pops out so I can take it and the speaker to the hardware store and have them determine exactly what fits where. And if then if they have it I'll buy it from them and if not I'll have the information to order it.

I'll probably end up gluing ( loctite or the equivalent) the adapter in place since speakers will vibrate it.

Why would I not want to use this solution? Is it not strong enough? Will it not last? It has to hold up an 8 lb speaker. I don't think this is a problem. The mounts already have two zinc anchors in the ceiling.
Expand Edited by crazy July 15, 2022, 09:27:53 PM EDT
New Mainly the cost.
$8 a piece for a stud is a bit spendy. Plus, the hex flange may get in the way. They also have versions without the flex flange, but I don't know if those would work (or be in the sizes you need). But time is money and if it works then that's a good thing.

McMaster-Carr is a very good company. They carry an amazing variety of stuff in stock and it's usually of high quality. I can order stuff from them by 8 PM and have it noon the next day via UPS Ground for $9 or something (depends on the size and weight, of course) - NJ to VA. It's not the cheapest, but when you want something the next day that won't be cheap junk that breaks in 3 months, then they should be near the top of your list.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Nothing comes quick here
I expect to wait at least three or four days over what anyone else in the country would be able to get. To start off with any Amazon delivery date gets changed when they figure out where I live. They push it out at least a day. And I'm on one of the last runs of the day area. So if a driver is running late they say f*** it and turn around and go back to the warehouse. And then my package has to get shuffled around and scheduled for delivery the next day.

When I get a notification that something is out for delivery, there is a 50-50 chance it will actually show up that day.

And then can get delayed again just based on the fact I'm pretty much the last delivery of the day.

The UPS guy loves me. At least on the days the packages are light. When they are heavy I tip well.

The FedEx guy brought a pallet to my backyard. He broke his ass on that one. I tipped way too much and he gave me money back.

Whenever there is a new driver, I can be pretty sure that my package will be delivered to my neighbor and not me. My address marker is obscured by a stack of mailboxes. I will create a much more apparent one in the future.
     One bolt size to another - (crazy) - (6)
         nuts with spacers/shims should work unless I am missing something -NT - (boxley)
         There are reducing studs, but ... - (Another Scott) - (3)
             I assumed these things existed but I didn't know how to find them - (crazy) - (2)
                 Mainly the cost. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Nothing comes quick here - (crazy)
         "what do I use to move from one to another?" -- An electric drill? -NT - (CRConrad)

Come inside!
72 ms