IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey Peter, I think you f***** me.
I'm trying to do cutting boards correctly. I have an assortment of plastic ones and I have an assortment of bamboo ones. The bamboo ones leave little itty bitty bits of wood that I'm going to be eating. I have to shave this and sand this all the time. I have to add oil. I have to add wax. Is there some other wood I should be using here?
New bamboo is good, adds fiber oak is easier to digest than nylon
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Cutting boards
I've got only one cutting board in use, a 16 x 18 x 2 inch of end block hard wood. When new, I took a week to saturate it with mineral oil from both sides. It has now served for some 30 years with only a barely perceptual dip where nearly all the hard cutting and chopping has been done for this time.

I clean it with Comet Cleanser a few times a day.

I still have my previous cutting board, 12 x 18 x 1-1/2 inch side strip hard wood. It is used now only for photographs.

In laboratory testing, plastic cutting boards are no more sanitary than wood ones. Wood has some anti-bacterial properties, and on plastic, small cuts can close around bacteria and retain it.
     Hey Peter, I think you f***** me. - (crazy) - (2)
         bamboo is good, adds fiber oak is easier to digest than nylon -NT - (boxley)
         Cutting boards - (Andrew Grygus)

OK, my response to that is pending a Google search.
63 ms