IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Failing that, there's also the elbow grease method
https://www.fiskars.com/en-us/gardening-and-yard-care/products/loppers

I usually go after brambles that have grown too large to pull out with one of these. It makes a nice clean cut at ground level (and I don't get yelled at for giving the irises a haircut if I use the trimmer...)

It is not the fastest method, but it does not have the downsides of the power tools.
New Already ordered the largest pair I could find.
They will be arriving in a couple of days. But that's too many cuts on the smaller stuff. So the bottom line is I'm going to chop down at the base wherever I could and I'm going to cut a path with a spinning blades wherever I have to. If I cut down a base that has a whole bunch of stuff already on it, I'm still going to need to spin blade the hell out of it. Then when it's finally done, I'm going to spin blade it while it's in the pile so I can throw it in my compost area.

And I'll spin blade a few bails of hay to throw on top.
New And I think you have a different idea of brambles from me right now
I have bought a property that is incredibly overgrown and has been for years. It's not like you let a season go and now you have to cut some stuff out. Nope.

Keep in mind I'm the Pacific Northwest. About 1,000 ft to the ocean. All the moisture these plants could possibly want.

I have a 100 by 200 ft property and the 200 ft left and 100 ft back have at least 10 to 30 ft of brambles. Dense bushes and thorny vines.
New I never saw thorny vines until I bought my last house
Took a couple days to cut it all down, then we rented a chipper to process it all. We broke the chipper.

When I had asked the guy if it could handle vines - since it was designed for branches - he said if it could fit in the chute it would handle it. He replaced it with the larger model for the same price.
--

Drew
New It was a bit like that years ago, but not that extensive.
     Spinning wheel brush cutters - (crazy) - (10)
         atv length of chain done -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Actually, I might do something like that - (crazy)
         Get/rent a gas powered brush cutter for the 1st pass? - (scoenye) - (1)
             Nah, way too much effort and danger. - (crazy)
         Okay, got my solution - (crazy) - (5)
             Failing that, there's also the elbow grease method - (scoenye) - (4)
                 Already ordered the largest pair I could find. - (crazy)
                 And I think you have a different idea of brambles from me right now - (crazy) - (2)
                     I never saw thorny vines until I bought my last house - (drook)
                     It was a bit like that years ago, but not that extensive. -NT - (scoenye)

This is also known as CIA-assisted self-determination.
81 ms