IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah, the Citation, Cimarron, and their badge-engineered brethren from Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile...
...and whatever brand I might be forgetting were basically the first front-wheel-drive Opel Ascona / Vauxhall Cavalier in American. (Which was, perhaps somewhat ironically, the last generation of the Ascona; the next was called Vectra. Nowadays the Cavalier is too, AFAIK.)

So, ~17 percent (one sixth) of the price of a respectable-albeit-boring (lower?) middle-class car; say, a Ford Fusion[1]. What's that sell for; $25-30,000? So, uhm... ~$4,250-5,100.[2] Whew, quite the respectable chunk of cash.

The fanfold paper was great, BTW: You could sketch out quite long program listings on the backside of old printouts. I kind of miss that.

___

[1]: Can't recall what GM's current equivalents of the Vectra are called, but the Fusion is the most exact correspondent from the Blue Oval, AFAICS: It's the American version of the Euro-Ford Mondeo, which is the successor to the Sierra and Taunus, which were the pretty much exact equivalents to the Vectra and Ascona.

[2]: Note for Peter: Much easier to calculate as 25% and 30%, respectively, of $17,000.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Agree on the fanfold paper.
You don't mess up the sequence of pages!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     My first printer. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
         How much did a new car cost then; $5,000? $10,000? So 10-20 % of the cost of a new car? -NT - (CRConrad) - (8)
             Well, a new Chevrolet Citation was about $6K at that time. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                 Yeah, the Citation, Cimarron, and their badge-engineered brethren from Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Agree on the fanfold paper. - (a6l6e6x)
                 For me it was $7032 including taxes and maybe some optional stuff. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     This is the reverse of "the computer I want syndrome" - (crazy) - (3)
                         This was for hobby work at home. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Lots of commonality! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 ZX-80? - (scoenye)

Deep down facial creases!
80 ms