IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The stars of the show . . .
. . were the "Chicken Potato Ajiaco Soup" and the "Fish Sudado". My fish soups and stews are always top choices. Aside from an excellent fish stock and seasoning, my choice of fish is Golden Pompano, always used "skin-on".

I make a special trip to Vietnam to get Golden Pompano flash frozen whole. I gut them, fillet them, and make the stock on Wednesday, so all the fish debris is taken away by the trash pickup on Thursday. The fillets are frozen in a single layer on a baking sheet to minimize water crystals.

My other favorite is Japanese Amberjack, also used skin-on. For testing and development I use Tilapia. It's a fine fish, but hated, hated, and endlessly ridiculed by chefs. How can you charge $75 for an almost empty white plate with a small piece of fish, a dab of sauce, and an artful garnish when the mark (errr, guest) knows it's an inexpensive fish?
New And nutrition-wise probably the healthiest choice.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Musica Donavania: June - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
         need some mojo verde, on my list -NT - (boxley)
         Damn, everything except the soups this time - (drook) - (3)
             They would have been my first choice. :) - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 The stars of the show . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     And nutrition-wise probably the healthiest choice. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Is the mojo really spelled verd_i_ in the regional lingo, or is that a musical pun? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Re: Is the mojo really spelled verd_i_ - (Andrew Grygus)

Wow, now I'm going to get a sparkly jacket and call myself a witch...
66 ms