IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh hell that's nothing
I got a dig going. The dig is to bring in 320 amp lines.

Before I can dig I have to yank trees and level land and lay out gravel pads. Hopefully the cement guy will be here in a couple of weeks. I've done the trees and the land and the gravel but the dig is next and before the dig you have to call up the utility company to have them tell you if you're about to dig into something bad.

District Code Status
CLALLAM COUNTY PUBLIC WKS Does not report
PUD #1 OF CLALLAM CO Does not report
CTLQL-CENTURYLINK Not yet responded
SALAL DRAIN FIELD, INC Does not report
WASHINGTON WATER SERVICE CO Does not report

The water company called me directly. They told me I have a cement asbestos water main running into my property. Across the exact area I am about to dig. Well not exact. They can't tell me exactly where it is. They can't tell me how deep it is and if I'll ever hit it or if I'll cut right through it.

And how much is this going to cost me if I cut across it? Well we can't really tell you. Two three four grand who knows. We couldn't tell you what it is. I might give you a hint of what it might be, but that's the starting point. We consider that possibly our fault and my boss might discount it.

Can I talk to the boss right now to find out how much? No.

Just have them on speed dial for when we hit it.

My plumber, who is not involved with this dig, tells me they're 100% responsible to everything up to 4 ft before the water meter. If I cut through anywhere on my driveway, it's their fault because they couldn't tell me and they are legally responsible. I really hope I don't have to test this legal theory.

And now that you see what I'm doing, let me make the invite. You are always welcome. I will pick you up at SeaTac. I will bring you to an independent, comfortable environment that has amenities. If you are feeling trapped and you have a license I will loan you my Yukon or Accord.

In a month or so the swim spa and the wood shop and the entertainment shed and the sauna will be set up.

Beyond that we have the Sequim dock which we then throw crab traps off of. That is simple and easy and fun. Beyond that, you have Port Angeles. That's a summer thing. If you want a rocking summer beach town that is for you. It takes about 40 minutes to get there through some beautiful mountain roads that you won't see when you are coming home.

The boat will be ready in about 4 or 5 months. Sure, I might be on the water in 3 months but I need some time and experience before I offer the boat to anybody else.

The electric bikes are here and fun. I love the ride down to the beach. I have yet to explore the forest but I will.

I'm attempting to create the most attractive Airbnb experience that anyone could want and then pay me a bit of a premium for it.

You can enjoy it for free. You'll want to be here in the spring/summer/fall. That's a hell of a range. The rest of the country is for s*** and my climate is perfect.

Let me know if you will be partaking.

Everyone on this board has the same offer. Even you Lincoln. I will welcome you into my house. If you want to have a cheap relaxing vacation, you'll have to pay for the flight to SeaTac, But that's about it. And I'll even feed you when you're here.

I won't just feed you. I'll give you the results of a year of sous vide experiments, which means you will eat very well. One of the key components of sous vide cooking is you get to freeze perfectly done stuff and then pull it out of the freezer whenever you want. A defrost and quick sear later gives you perfect meat and vegetables.

I always wanted to be in the position to do a beep bash. He was 20 minutes south of me. I miss him. Maybe someday I will get to that point. I don't have his pool but I do have the swim spa coming.
Expand Edited by crazy June 16, 2022, 03:31:03 AM EDT
Expand Edited by crazy June 16, 2022, 03:45:31 AM EDT
Expand Edited by crazy June 16, 2022, 04:00:44 AM EDT
Expand Edited by crazy June 16, 2022, 04:21:11 AM EDT
New Wife is already on board, just need to work out the schedule
--

Drew
New I'll be looking for that next year
We blew $$$ taking everyone to Florida for a week for Thing #1's graduation. We won't be doing another big one until next year. I'll hit you up for activity lists probably in spring when we start planning.
--

Drew
New Sounds good
As you can see from posts, it is progressing along.
New in my case the water meter is at the road the other 75ft is mine
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     The downstairs plumbing is done. - (crazy) - (8)
         That's a lot of stuff done! Hope it turns out well long term. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
             Yep, I got the TDAP -NT - (crazy)
             Oh hell that's nothing - (crazy) - (5)
                 Wife is already on board, just need to work out the schedule -NT - (drook) - (3)
                     Look at the cutesy stuff that goes on around here - (crazy) - (2)
                         I'll be looking for that next year - (drook) - (1)
                             Sounds good - (crazy)
                 in my case the water meter is at the road the other 75ft is mine -NT - (boxley)

That would make a great .sig!
84 ms