IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New New Prime Minister in Australia.
The Republican-esque Liberal party ("liberal" in name only, I might add) have been defeated at the ballot box after 9 years and a surprise win 3 years ago. But no more - we will now have the Labor party (somewhat more Left than the Libs) in power.

This bodes well for a couple of things that the Liberal's ideamasters (a hard-right think tanks called The Institute for Public Affairs) have spoken against: climate action, a federal anti-corruption commission and indigenous rights amongst other things. The outgoing PM, Scott Morrison, was a show pony: could perform and loved the attention, but terrible at the actual work. The incoming guy, Antony Albanese, is very different.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/aus2022

Just thought you should know.

Wade.
New Very good news! Here's hoping that it's the start of a good trend.
New Re: New Prime Minister in Australia.
🎉
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Lets hope he is succesful in executing his policy.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New He's got a couple of wins underway.
Some indigenous recognition - accepted the Uluru Statement (I'm not across the details of what that means). There's a refugee family who are not allowed to go back to the place in Australia they made home (stupidly complex story there). I've heard there is legislation already underway to start a federal anti-corruption commission.

Wade.
     New Prime Minister in Australia. - (static) - (4)
         Very good news! Here's hoping that it's the start of a good trend. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Re: New Prime Minister in Australia. - (malraux)
         Lets hope he is succesful in executing his policy. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             He's got a couple of wins underway. - (static)

I do have to wonder why you would keep a live snake in your coat in Saskatoon in December.
58 ms