IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Paved paradise, put in a parking lot
Ooh la la la la la la la. Ooh la la la la.

It wasn't really Paradise. It was a grassy area that was kind of muddy that led to the back of my property. I want to be able to drive my car to the back of my property safely. I want to be able to put some structures back there as well.

There were a bunch of alder trees. Dangerous. Hanging over my neighbor's fence as well and ready to crush her property. I'm told that when it gets cold a BB gun can shatter them. I believe it. These are some fragile old trees. They got to go.

But I got all kinds of stumps and piles of concrete and old building and roofing material that has to go. Truckloads. Or at least I think so.

The tree guys work for 2 days straight. I have piles and piles of way too heavy logs that they're going to come back and split and then I will have piles and piles of wood for years to burn.

My neighbor, a little old lady who I want to be kind to, calls me up and thanks me profusely. No problem, it had to be done.

Then the land guy comes. He rolls in with a big tractor with a claw and the ability to maneuver like he's in a race car that spins a 180° angle and he goes to work.

That claw can go pull out enormous tree trunks and crush them. Crushed shredded rotting tree trunks go into the dirt very well. That claw can scoop Earth on one side of the yard, dump it in a dump truck, and then drive the dump truck to the other side of the yard and put the dirt where we want it to level things out.

He works with his son. He's driving and his son is outside really close to that claw as it swings around. I stay very far away from that claw.

Then they dump the gravel in. I have now learned about three different types of gravel so far, but I've been told there are many, many more. So far I've seen rounded easy on the feet, a bit sharp and don't walk on it barefoot, and now this. This is road and pad gravel. It's got enough dirt in it so the gravel sinks evenly when compressed. It will be a bit muddy but it will also be smoother on the actual surface. I wonder how it will weather as the rain washes into the dirt though. And the dirt watches a bit away.

The claw can pick up and crush piles of concrete into the gravel and it just becomes additional small chunks in it. Small tiny chunks that are well mixed because he slams that claw down and smashes the s*** out of it.

The claw can pick up huge piles of trash, lumber and roofing material and old shed walls and simply drop it into the dump truck. It crunches everything tiny as it does it. It would have taken me months to do what this guy did with this thing in about 3 minutes. Many backbreaking months.

I'm just talking about taking out the trash that was there. I could not do any of the tree or land work myself.

He did very accurate cuts and left alone what he was supposed to. He moved a whole bunch of dirt around and leveled a whole bunch of land and then measured out where the structures will be and very nicely set up the gravel pads.

His son walked around with an enormous jackhammer/compression device to slam the Earth down. And then just spent a while driving the tractor back and forth and back and forth to compress.

He had to deal with very tight areas with electric poles and overhead wires with this claw swinging around and it scared me but he was great.

I'm making my paradise as I put in my parking lot.
New Well, alder trees stabilize dirt when sometimes no other tree would.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I love watching people who are good at what they do
--

Drew
New Finally an explanation for this weird phenomenon of watching other people play games on YouTube.
I suppose.

Have found that a frustratingly weird habit of the sprog's, but I guess it just goes to show that I gotta get with the times.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New I'm considering a comparative e-bike review
I have a pedigo 500 watt hub drive electric bike. I love this bike. But I didn't know any better.

This bike won't take me up a hill. I accept that I need to exercise some more so I can ride this bike up the hill. I have spent about a month enjoying whipping around with this bike and pushing my own body and building a bit of muscle. It's been fun.

Then I hit hit a beach that was all rocks. This bike has no shocks and the second I hit these rocks I went flying and almost killed myself. The bike landing on me adding insult to injury. I realize I needed shocks.

So then I started researching shock absorber bikes. That have a mid drive, not a hub drive. That were 750 w.

I settled on an Amazon deliverable bike and ordered it. It showed up and it did not work to start off with. And Amazon wants to limit interaction with vendors. I just got the vendor email address and we are just interacting now. This bike does not work yet and I really don't want to package it up and return it, it is really heavy.

When I am done this process, I hope I'll have a usable 750 watt shock absorber mid-drive bike. Which will haul my ass up the steep hill. Which will ride through the beach rocks. Plus two more other bikes that other people can use to ride beside me on the regular beautiful paths we have here. And I will do a comparative YouTube video.
New Here's one on sale at Costco.
Jetson Adventure Adult Electric Bike

The video makes it look nice with the shock absorber, but it's only 250 Watts.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Paved paradise, put in a parking lot - (crazy) - (5)
         Well, alder trees stabilize dirt when sometimes no other tree would. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I love watching people who are good at what they do -NT - (drook) - (3)
             Finally an explanation for this weird phenomenon of watching other people play games on YouTube. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 I'm considering a comparative e-bike review - (crazy) - (1)
                     Here's one on sale at Costco. - (a6l6e6x)

"I have Mountain Dew, and crab juice."
"Ugh! Gross! I'll take a crab juice!"
50 ms