IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just finally getting around to it; been coming since forever.
It appears that the Finns and the Swedes are prepared to dive in together. Well, after all, they’ve been wading around the shallow end for years, and this’ll get them that Article 5 secret sauce.
"Years"? At least as far as the Swedes are concerned, decades. Going back pretty much to the founding of NATO, or shortly thereafter. It's just been an open secret. Back in basic training, 1983-84, the mantra from the officers was "Of course we're officially 'neutral', but if and when they1 attack, we'll just have to hold out for a few weeks, until NATO arrives".

The infantry sidearm we used at the time was the "AK 4", the Swedish military designation for the Heckler & Koch G3 (manufactured on license in Sweden), which among others the Bundeswehr also used. Chambered for 7.62 mm NATO ammunition, introduced sometime in the 1960s IIRC. By 1991 it had been replaced by the "AK 5", again license-manufactured, but originally a design by Fabrique Nationale ("FN") of Belgium. For 5.56 mm NATO ammo.

As The Guardian put it elsewhere recently, Putin’s invasion, intended as a shot across NATO’s bow, looks more like a precision-guided boomerang. What thinks our Man from Helsinki?
What thinks? This thinks: https://twitter.com/ChrisRConrad/status/1497279011134881800

Kunstler
The name sounds familiar; think I read some stuff by him years ago. Seemed (at least semi-)rational to me then, but... Like Giuliani, just going ga-ga in his old age?

1: Never any doubt about who "they" were. In larger exercises, Sweden was always Blue Force, defending against Red Force attacking from the East.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New My hazy recollection is that marlowe was a fan.
I think I enjoyed a few of his pieces back then, when I was (still) too easily impressed by "good" writing.

I'm not at all surprised that he's revealed himself to be a crank.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Further to NATO expansion; J.H. Kunstler is a loon - (rcareaga) - (2)
         Just finally getting around to it; been coming since forever. - (CRConrad) - (1)
             My hazy recollection is that marlowe was a fan. - (Another Scott)

This is why I am in therapy.
32 ms