IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dinner with a friend on Sunday —annals of epidemiology
He and his wife are fairly cautious, social bubblewise, but apparently on the previous day they had contact with someone who has now evinced signs of The Thing That’s Going Around, and he, the friend, tested positive this afternoon. The frau has just done the home test, which has come up negative. I will take the test on the morrow.

cor—achoo!—cordially,
New The state/county case numbers are still low, but...
My boss caught it a month or so ago. Psaki (Biden's press secretary) has had it twice. Obama caught it. Schiff caught it very recently.

It's not over. People need to be careful and still wear masks...

Fingers crossed for you and the misses!

Cheers,
Scott.
New You are vaxed. Don't worry
I've had it three times. So far. I'm triple vaxed. It was a day of weakness. Mind boggling can't lift my pinky weakness. Crawl into the tub and let the water run on me. Barely making it weakness.

This has happened to me three times. So far. It's new. The first time I thought it was an incredible hangover. I don't get hangovers. But other people describe hangovers and that's what I thought it was. The second time I realized that this s*** is just running over my body and I have to fight it. It was bad but I knew what was happening. Same for the third time. I expect this to be happening once a year for the rest of my life. It may kill other people but it won't kill me.
New Re: You are vaxed. Don't worry
As were my friend and his wife, and they still report that they feel like six miles of bad road. The frau and I received our results this morning from Thursday’s tests, and we are golden, but this was a useful nudge against complacency—one had been tempted to dine indoors at commercial establishments again—and incentive to see about the second booster sooner rather than later. Left unresolved is whether we attend an outdoor wedding in the Southland (the daughter of the guy who introduced us back in the sixties) at the end of the month.

If my immune system is going to require a covid refresher course two or three times a year going forward, I’m cool with that.

cordially,
New If I'm still breathing in a month...
...it will not be because of intelligent choices.

We're going to DisneyWorld tomorrow morning for a week. (Shoot me. Shoot me now.) I got my second booster a week and a half ago, and the missus had COVID in February, so we're about as well armed as we can be, but... Yeah. :P
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New Magic kingdoms
I have never been to the Florida branch. In my distant experience of the original faciity in Anaheim CA, it seems to work best if one is: a child (1957, 1965); accompanied by a child for a sort of “contact high” (third-party anecdata); in an induced state of childlike receptiveness via recreational hallucinogenics (half a dozen occasions between 1969 and 1971). On my last visit, at about this time forty-nine years ago, none of these circumstances or conditions obtained, and the facility did not charm on that occasion. A week? Jesus. Obviously I’m not going to get on a plane to go shoot you, but if you know of any affordable contract killers in your area or in Orlando, I’ll see what I can arrange.

in sympathy,
New spent 1 full day at disney and 5 days in orlando sept last year with 4 grands late sept last year
capacity was reduced but still by late afternoon it was hard to maintain distance. Mask up and keep it up. we came out unscathed but may be more to luck than smart
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I survived
The food was surprisingly good, doubly so because we are all vegetarians - usually there is crap for vegetarian options, but they had a lot of very good dishes. Other than that, a bunch of nostalgic crap that spoke to a vision of white male Americana without awareness of the struggles of others. Oh, and some rides that mainly caused a great deal of discomfort in my lumbar regions.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
     Dinner with a friend on Sunday —annals of epidemiology - (rcareaga) - (7)
         The state/county case numbers are still low, but... - (Another Scott)
         You are vaxed. Don't worry - (crazy) - (5)
             Re: You are vaxed. Don't worry - (rcareaga) - (4)
                 If I'm still breathing in a month... - (InThane) - (3)
                     Magic kingdoms - (rcareaga)
                     spent 1 full day at disney and 5 days in orlando sept last year with 4 grands late sept last year - (boxley) - (1)
                         I survived - (InThane)

Doh! Wrong button, Scott!
86 ms