IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New War can get much worse.
Rapid Dragon has passed it's first live test.

It's a Lockeed Martin scheme where a C-130 can launch up to two pallets of 6 individually targeted cruise missiles (12 total) using it's regular airdrop capability. A C-17 can do up to two pallets of 9. The plane remains useful for it's normal cargo duties.

The pallets slide out the back of the plane, the parachutes open holding the pallet nose down so the missiles can drop out easily. They release, fire up their engine, and head for the targets.

The live test was done with 1 live cruise missile and 5 dummies. The live one released, fired up, cruised, and destroyed its target.
New The older I get, the more I appreciate low-tech.
Half a lifetime working with ever more Rube Goldberg systems -- or nowadays, Rube Goldberg tangles of Rube Goldberg systems, if not Rube Goldberg tangles of Rube Goldberg tangles of Rube Goldberg systems -- will do that to you.

Nothing much to go wrong with a loading pallet; not much electronics on it for an EMP to knock out. Here's hoping they're made out of cheap wood that will give you splinters the first few tens of times they're used, before they're worn a litle smoother (Should'a worn work gloves like the manual says, silly squaddie! [Yank: "stupid grunt!"]), just for the sake of it.

And here's hoping a few of them will somehow mysteriously find their way -- by transport, not their internal guidance systems! -- to a Ukrainian airbase or three. (The guidance systems can point a little farther to the north and east.)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     War can get much worse. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
         The older I get, the more I appreciate low-tech. - (CRConrad)

This isn't beer, this is lemonade.
34 ms