IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Changing the UI.
Elevators have had basically the same UI for decades. Most people don't even realize it could be different.

I've encountered residential buildings where you needed your key to select the correct floor. It meant you had to go down to the front door to let someone in, which was probably inconvenient.

There is another trend in office buildings: select the floor you want from a panel in the vestibule and it will tell you which elevator to get in to. At least this one is a little more common and people do quickly learn it. But it's still a UI change...

Wade.
New I've only seen that second one twice
But then I don't go to that many high rise buildings.
--

Drew
New I used to go to a few . . .
. . but that was quite a few years ago, probably before these fancy new schemes.

Here in Los Angeles every elevator sports an Elevator Certificate testifying to its inspection status. In one building, the inspector must have run out of elevator certificates, because one of the elevators sported a Boiler Certificate.
     Elevators - (crazy) - (10)
         Changing the UI. - (static) - (2)
             I've only seen that second one twice - (drook) - (1)
                 I used to go to a few . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Elevators - (pwhysall) - (4)
             That's new - (drook)
             Was doing it in the late '90s. - (InThane)
             New to me in hotels - (crazy) - (1)
                 One would think a lot of those people have also worked in office buildings. - (CRConrad)
         There are also places where you need to do that to turn the lights on. -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
             Ferry cabins and some h/motel rooms in the Nordics: Card in holder by the door, or live in the dark. -NT - (CRConrad)

LRPDman! LRPDman! Does whatever a LRPD can!
62 ms