IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Key part is the last sentence
You can stop using only the rear brake. But if there is more in the way than a stop sign, that is where the risk of locking up the rear comes in.

The way the brakes are engineered, the only way to lock the fronts is to snap them shut. Once the load is transferred to the front, you can squeeze the handle as hard as you can. The front end will start to wag near locking up so you do get feedback as to when to let up. The rear brake does not have that. The only feedback you get there is when the rear wheel tries to overtake the front :-/

You are definitely right on the competent instructor. That is an absolute life saver.
New On a motorcycle, yes
On a fat tire electric bike, I suspect the combination of high speed, good traction, and light weight mean an unintentional stoppie is a possibility.
--

Drew
     Pedego element electric bike - (crazy) - (17)
         Seeing her do that would terrify me -NT - (drook) - (1)
             It did -NT - (crazy)
         Thank for the pointer. Good luck, be careful! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Ride safely! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         On a real motorcycle, you want to use the front brake - (scoenye) - (12)
             Grey area - (drook) - (2)
                 Key part is the last sentence - (scoenye) - (1)
                     On a motorcycle, yes - (drook)
             On a bicycle too. That "Use the rear brake!" BS is... Well, BS. -NT - (CRConrad) - (8)
                 I don't claim to be competent - (crazy) - (7)
                     Dad was on a motorcycle or bicycle? - (drook) - (1)
                         Bicycle. My dad was way too careful to ever ride a motorcycle - (crazy)
                     Can't see why a flight should be necessary. Are you saying... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         Seriously? - (crazy) - (3)
                             "Figured it out" -- you mean your name? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 Haven't read that one - (crazy) - (1)
                                     It's a sequel, so no use reading it before the first one. (Which was really good.) -NT - (CRConrad)

No matter what I accomplish in this life, nobody's going to sculpt my head in thermoplastic resin and make it spit water into the bedrooms of sick children.
77 ms