IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks for the link.
It's a historic reminder.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New "Historic reminder"? Thanks for...
...making me feel old! :-D
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Well, I haven't though about SCO issues for over a decade. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Oh, but it is still going...
https://www.theregister.com/2021/08/30/sco_tsg_vs_ibm_settlement/

The bankrupt remnants of the SCO group finally threw in the towel, but the new owners of the assets are continuing the fun.
New "but zombie case shuffles on" :)
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: "the new owners of the assets are continuing the fun."
Yeah, I saw that too, and I thought it was pretty weird. Because as I recall it the "assets" they bought, whatever they were supposed to be, were supposed to explicitly exclude anything that might make a continuation of these shenanigans possible. Dunno where I got that from, though; as Alex says, it's been a while. (Maybe from Groklaw? :-)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New That is your opinion...
... this is Xinuos' opinion
First, IBM stole Xinuos' intellectual property and used that stolen property to build and sell a product to compete with Xinuos itself," the US Virgin Islands-based software biz claims in its complaint. "Second, stolen property in IBM's hand, IBM and Red Hat illegally agreed to divide the relevant market and use their growing market powers to victimize consumers, innovative competitors, and innovation itself.

It is the warmed over SCO complaint with some anti-trust sauce poured on.
     Hehe. - (Another Scott) - (13)
         Are you implying . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         I do! Oh... "normal". -NT - (CRConrad)
         Well, I had to DuckDuckGo it. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
             Whu, HTF could you have forgotten Darl??? - (CRConrad) - (7)
                 Thanks for the link. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                     "Historic reminder"? Thanks for... - (CRConrad) - (5)
                         Well, I haven't though about SCO issues for over a decade. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                             Oh, but it is still going... - (scoenye) - (3)
                                 "but zombie case shuffles on" :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Re: "the new owners of the assets are continuing the fun." - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     That is your opinion... - (scoenye)
         Darl as in Darl Darl and Darl? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             That was Larry, his brother Daryl, and his other brother Daryl -NT - (drook)

Very punk.
66 ms