IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Something's very wrong
I'm watching Stranger Things with my 10-year-old and she just asked, "In the 80s were kids allowed to just go to the mall by themselves?"

Holy shit.
--

Drew
New Yep.
We didn't know about the trans-dimensional dangers back then.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New its not the trans you need to be worried about at the mall
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Not when I was 10
But it was about 3 miles away.

I had to ride across a four-lane road on my bike, and travel through some forbidden lands. And if any of my mom's friends saw me on that road they would grab me, throw me in their car, take me to my mom and dump me there for my punishment. In those days kidnapping other people's kids to drag them home for punishment was the norm.

So of course I did it a couple days a week.

2 years later I had my moped and was allowed to go anywhere within about 10 mi. I was officially a mall rat at that point.
Expand Edited by crazy Feb. 19, 2022, 06:40:06 AM EST
New The ones in the show were mostly teenagers
The malls around here don't allow kids under 18 without a parent or guardian. She's growing up without the idea that hanging out at the mall is even a thing kids/young people do.
--

Drew
New I'll have to preview that
There have been a few movies I've watched with the other two and discovered there was a bunch cut to put them on basic cable that I'd forgotten about.
--

Drew
     Something's very wrong - (drook) - (6)
         Yep. - (malraux) - (1)
             its not the trans you need to be worried about at the mall -NT - (boxley)
         Not when I was 10 - (crazy) - (3)
             The ones in the show were mostly teenagers - (drook) - (2)
                 Is she allowed to see this? - (crazy) - (1)
                     I'll have to preview that - (drook)

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.
53 ms