IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Headphones are illegal because they block outside noise?
Another weird US law that makes no sense.

I bet deaf people are allowed to drive!
New Yes, why not? and yes
We also don't allow you to block the rear window of your car, but you can have a truck that doesn't even have a rear window.
--

Drew
New I hate driving with no rear view
I've had to drive an occasional windowless van for moving stuff. And I've packed my car solid so there is no rear view. It is definitely off putting when you glance up and there's no headlights behind you but you know you are surrounded by vehicles.
New Yeah, it sucks
But if it's legal to have moving vans with no rear window, how would you justify that it's illegal to block a rear window? You can literally take the passenger version of a full-size van, and the cargo version which has no rear windows, block off the rear windows on the passenger van and suddenly it's illegal.
--

Drew
New You can't block the rear window? That's insane. What if you're hauling stuff?
American traffic laws be crazy.
New Well ...
The building we used when I was in the Marines had two back doors. One of them was at the end of a hallway that we used for storage, so the door was blocked. At some point an inspector noticed that it was blocked and said that fire safety regs prohibited blocking an exit.

The CO asked if we were required to have an exit there. When the answer was "No" he had the door welded shut. Now it's not a door, it's a wall. No problem.
--

Drew
New That's what mirrors are for.
(2) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle if driver visibility through the rear window is obstructed, unless the vehicle is equipped with 2 rearview mirrors, 1 on each side, adjusted so that the operator has a clear view of the highway behind the vehicle.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(v0gygab0ky0bwtf4lgkiud5i))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-257-709#:~:text=(2)%20A%20person%20shall%20not,the%20highway%20behind%20the%20vehicle.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Strike "n traffic laws".
New Re: Strike "n traffic laws".
What was your first clue?
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Hmm... You elected Reagan?
New Similar in Aus.
Comes under the "driving while distracted" rules. I think having your in-car stereo too load also qualifies.

Deaf people already know how to live in the world without being able to hear it, so they wouldn't have that problem. (I used to know someone who was deaf and drove. Drove quite well, actually.)

Wade.
     Headrest speaker possibilities? - (crazy) - (15)
         Oooh. Flashback! - (Another Scott) - (1)
             That's not going to happen. But it was a cute story. -NT - (crazy)
         Headphones are illegal because they block outside noise? - (pwhysall) - (10)
             Yes, why not? and yes - (drook) - (8)
                 I hate driving with no rear view - (crazy) - (1)
                     Yeah, it sucks - (drook)
                 You can't block the rear window? That's insane. What if you're hauling stuff? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                     Well ... - (drook)
                     That's what mirrors are for. - (malraux)
                     Strike "n traffic laws". -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         Re: Strike "n traffic laws". - (hnick) - (1)
                             Hmm... You elected Reagan? -NT - (CRConrad)
             Similar in Aus. - (static)
         Got reminded today of the solution. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks -NT - (crazy)

How many IWETHEYers does it take to change a light bulb?
73 ms