IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Oh we have Wolves here all right . . .
The reference was to “the jackals of the press.” I’m unable to ascertain the provenance of the idiom, but it’s been around for quite a while.

cur-dially,
New I don't *know* the provenance, but ...
I'd bet you lunch someplace nice that it came from someone who didn't like the little people knowing his business.
--

Drew
     A Game of Throwns - (rcareaga) - (32)
         monarchy keeps the folks in circuses to go along with parliment -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             So the occasional idiocy is intentional? Or just tolerated as useful? -NT - (drook)
         Yes. - (pwhysall) - (22)
             Happy Toast's take on that famous picture. - (Another Scott)
             Hold on, what's this about parties? -NT - (drook) - (18)
                 Re: Hold on, what's this about parties? - (pwhysall) - (17)
                     If this was all in April/May, why is it on the news now? -NT - (drook) - (5)
                         The daggers are held back until they're most likely to succeed... -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Or, in more words... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             This - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Does that work over there? - (drook)
                                 It's become a real problem over here, I think. - (Another Scott)
                     over here lotsa bigwhigs flouted laws about restrictions, minor tutting here - (boxley) - (1)
                         None of them were the president, and none of them did it the day before Dolly's husband's funeral - (pwhysall)
                     Tiny bit of dissent on the "uncontroversially": - (CRConrad) - (8)
                         On legalities ... - (drook) - (2)
                             WTF kind of asshole move would that be? Why? They've had far, far worse, haven't they? -NT - (CRConrad)
                             Don’t think so. Succession is what it is. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         No-one here *really* wants Chucky on the big chair. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             If "being a bit of a knob" were a reason not to get the job... -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 I think you’re losing sight of a fundamental property of a monarchy… - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Don't think I did: That's exactly why sometimes far worse "knobs" than him have got the job. -NT - (CRConrad)
                             Does that "no-one" include the other royals? - (drook)
             You can’t recall a world without “Brenda” - (rcareaga)
             Good on the mil'try, that. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Wolves, jackals... Isn't this mostly because of his US-based activites? So, I'd guess coyotes. -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
             Oh we have Wolves here all right . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 Re: Oh we have Wolves here all right . . . - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     I don't *know* the provenance, but ... - (drook)
                 Yes, but wolves are everywhere else too, so that won't work to point out the American-ness of it. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Yes, but I'm accustomed to people "presuming". - (Andrew Grygus)
         ICYMI, re BoJo - (Another Scott)

Don't forget, I was present at an unexplained mass sea sponge migration!
95 ms