IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This
I disagree that it's dishonest.

Repeatedly trapping a liar in their own lies is kinda the opposite.
New Does that work over there?
Over here each new release is just an opportunity to restate the original lies and have them parroted by the media.
--

Drew
New It's become a real problem over here, I think.
Lots of reporters on the Former Guy beat held on to important stuff until they were ready to release their books months or years after it would have had a policy impact. Woodward is the most egregious example. Maggie Haberman is another.

I fear that a big problem with the BoJo situation is that the power that be are going to spin this as a problem unique to him, rather than yet another example of how horrible the Tories as a whole are...

I hope Labour's current lead is enough to clean house soon (but my understanding is that elections are still years away unless something unexpected happens).

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
     A Game of Throwns - (rcareaga) - (32)
         monarchy keeps the folks in circuses to go along with parliment -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             So the occasional idiocy is intentional? Or just tolerated as useful? -NT - (drook)
         Yes. - (pwhysall) - (22)
             Happy Toast's take on that famous picture. - (Another Scott)
             Hold on, what's this about parties? -NT - (drook) - (18)
                 Re: Hold on, what's this about parties? - (pwhysall) - (17)
                     If this was all in April/May, why is it on the news now? -NT - (drook) - (5)
                         The daggers are held back until they're most likely to succeed... -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Or, in more words... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             This - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Does that work over there? - (drook)
                                 It's become a real problem over here, I think. - (Another Scott)
                     over here lotsa bigwhigs flouted laws about restrictions, minor tutting here - (boxley) - (1)
                         None of them were the president, and none of them did it the day before Dolly's husband's funeral - (pwhysall)
                     Tiny bit of dissent on the "uncontroversially": - (CRConrad) - (8)
                         On legalities ... - (drook) - (2)
                             WTF kind of asshole move would that be? Why? They've had far, far worse, haven't they? -NT - (CRConrad)
                             Don’t think so. Succession is what it is. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         No-one here *really* wants Chucky on the big chair. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             If "being a bit of a knob" were a reason not to get the job... -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 I think you’re losing sight of a fundamental property of a monarchy… - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Don't think I did: That's exactly why sometimes far worse "knobs" than him have got the job. -NT - (CRConrad)
                             Does that "no-one" include the other royals? - (drook)
             You can’t recall a world without “Brenda” - (rcareaga)
             Good on the mil'try, that. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Wolves, jackals... Isn't this mostly because of his US-based activites? So, I'd guess coyotes. -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
             Oh we have Wolves here all right . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 Re: Oh we have Wolves here all right . . . - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     I don't *know* the provenance, but ... - (drook)
                 Yes, but wolves are everywhere else too, so that won't work to point out the American-ness of it. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Yes, but I'm accustomed to people "presuming". - (Andrew Grygus)
         ICYMI, re BoJo - (Another Scott)

I think coming back from the summit was the rather more important achievement.
313 ms