IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New traffic horrors going to atlanta to visit granduns
now at home on the bucolic gulf coast on SR49 between 5pm and 5:30 going north of I10 one may wait for the light to change twice before proceeding. Never at any other time.
So approaching southern suburbs of atlanta on I85 at 4:20pm, low on gas and no food I logically thought traffic time is coming up. Stop for a leisurely meal and gas up before proceeding. At this point I am 55 miles from my destination.

Meal eaten, gas got and start to proceed at 5:45pm. Immediately ran into a 18 lane, 9 lanes each with the northbound lane where I was traveling at about 3 miles per hour.

My error, when I used to live in the area a number of years ago people would leave work from 4:30 to 5pm and then proceed from center city to the burbs. What I didnt take into account was the pandemic. Apparently people work remote then travel into the city for entertainment from 5pm from the burbs, traffic flow is entirely reversed.

Then I get to my next major junction, 75 to 575. took over one hour to go 7 miles from mile 0 of 575 to mile 7. At mile 6.5 a truck that had been totally consumed in flame explained the blockage. Got to my destination at 8:15pm

gah!!
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Traffic to me is waiting more than 30 seconds to pull on the highway.
The single lane highway.

I've gone from insane Denver to what feels like a depopulated Washington. It's 10 minutes but no lights single lane with occasional dual lane just for passing to get to my city center.

I just saw the census report for our area. Very very few people.

Growing up on the East Coast in between Washington and New York centered in Philadelphia I knew what a long metropolis drive was. I ran dispatch for a limo company so I am intimately aware of how bad s*** can go. I never have to think about that again unless I'm doing an airport pickup in Seattle. That might hit me with 20 minutes of traffic someday. Whoopi doo.

I'm about to start calling insurance companies for the cars to renegotiate. Our danger level is so minimal compared to any other place they should cut my rates in a half.
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 16, 2021, 10:48:05 PM EST
New when I had to go to the office every day it was a 60 mile commute one way, 40 minutes or less
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     traffic horrors going to atlanta to visit granduns - (boxley) - (2)
         Traffic to me is waiting more than 30 seconds to pull on the highway. - (crazy) - (1)
             when I had to go to the office every day it was a 60 mile commute one way, 40 minutes or less -NT - (boxley)

There is such a thing as dinner plates and what goes on them is mightily disappointing.
71 ms