IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Disclaimer: I haven't read the linked article
I'm seeing more and more articles "exposing" this "fact". But according to an apparently pretty rigorous study (which I saw the abstract and some of the charts) while this is happening, it's a small enough volume that it's not the primary problem with housing.

So what is the primary problem? Zoning laws and NIMBYism that makes it nearly impossible to build multi-unit housing in vast swaths of most cities. The investors are having an impact on the margins, but when there are 50 buyers for every listing the margins aren't where we should be looking for changes first.

[edit] tyop
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Dec. 16, 2021, 10:08:25 AM EST
New Also HOAs
They're bullshit, and shouldn't be legal.

TBH I find it a bit weird that in The Land Of The Free, people seem pretty keen to let other people say how they should keep their lawn.
New Oh, you misunderstand
HOAs exist so people can tell others how to keep their lawns.
--

Drew
New I've been a member
In those days it was a matter of we all had the same townhouses. If anybody painted any townhouse differently it would look like s*** and nock 10 grand off our home value. I understand that type of homeowners association.

I am currently in the different situation. I am a member of a property owner group. This means that I kick in for whatever cost to keep the beach access road accessible and for the airport to keep running. They don't get to tell me what to do with my house though.
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 16, 2021, 01:58:27 PM EST
     Nobody ever said late-stage capitalism would be pretty - (rcareaga) - (6)
         There's more to that. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Renters - (rcareaga)
         Disclaimer: I haven't read the linked article - (drook) - (3)
             Also HOAs - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Oh, you misunderstand - (drook) - (1)
                     I've been a member - (crazy)

Behold I am become Death, the destroyer of cars.
79 ms