IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My issue isn't with sites blocking it
It's (unsurprisingly) Apple and Google duking it out and cutting exclusive deals with TV manufacturers. Then the manufacturers say in their ads that they support casting from your phone, but don't specify which phone.

Then there's Google putting out Pixel phones without the hardware that allows you to plug you USB3 into HDMI, so Chromecast is your only option.
--

Drew
New On the other hand it works fine with my Chromecast that I already had
So I have wireless desktop sharing to the big screen and most sites know about the Chromecast directly so at that point they'll send it just to the TV.

I like the walled garden. It's not that walled. It's got holes. But I'd prefer to use Google specific devices. My Google Pixel works much better than my Samsung did in regards to casting. But so far the Lenovo works fine as well.
New Yeah, will probably break down and get a Chromecast at some point
I've just been holding out hope that *someone* will use all these open protocols and just connect the shit already.

Oh, and I'm not talking about pulling up a YouTube video and throwing it to the TV. I can do that, but it's just pushing a link to the YouTube app on the TV. I'm talking about mirroring the output of apps that don't have an app on the TV.
--

Drew
New It's tales like this...
...that make me happy that I've gone down the "provide TV services via the Xbox" route.
New Desktop mirroring is built in
It confused me a bit at first. But then I found the simple menu option in the Chrome browser that mirrored the entire desktop.

There is a bit of lag. I would not suggest doing this for highly interactive editing. But random scroll around and read stuff, it's great.
New And the concept of breaking down for a $35 device is just crazy
Not my kind of crazy though. It's a $35 device. Give it a shot and find out that it solves a whole bunch of problems and be happy rather than sad.

I discovered the Chromecast when I rented an Airbnb when I moved to Colorado. It was simply part of the move-in instructions on how to access the TV and it simply worked and it was nice. As soon as I had my own internet space I bought one. Since that point, 4 years now, I've come to appreciate this tiny little device that cost almost nothing compared to every previous solution I ever tried.
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 15, 2021, 08:40:03 PM EST
New I get hung up on weird things
Right now it's, "I shouldn't have to do this. The hardware is already there, just let me use it."

Then there's the cheap-ass problem that I'd need one for each of 3 TVs.
--

Drew
     Lenovo Chromebook and HP 4100 printer scanner - (crazy) - (9)
         Some of the setup has finally gotten easier - (drook) - (8)
             +1 I hate the Blue Box. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 My issue isn't with sites blocking it - (drook) - (6)
                     On the other hand it works fine with my Chromecast that I already had - (crazy) - (5)
                         Yeah, will probably break down and get a Chromecast at some point - (drook) - (4)
                             It's tales like this... - (pwhysall)
                             Desktop mirroring is built in - (crazy)
                             And the concept of breaking down for a $35 device is just crazy - (crazy) - (1)
                                 I get hung up on weird things - (drook)

It's what's for breakfast!
65 ms