IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Should you need to do that kind of stuff in the future
PDFtools and PDF forms on a Linux box. Just install a Linux box just to run this stuff. It is available in other environments but a bit more crashier anywhere except for Linux. Well worth the couple hundred bucks. And I don't blame the software, I blame the no definition reverse engineering try to figure out how to pull this stuff apart and put it back together.

I used to take the print streams from various applications in postscript. I would take a 500-page document that is supposed to be split apart, joined back together, printed and distributed to hundreds of people, only certain people got certain pages as well as the headers, and turned it into about 20,000 pages in hundreds of reports.
If you have any ability to create the print stream embed hidden tags for each page.

I would do the reverse and take PDF documents, convert them to postscript, rip them apart and put them back together. I never claimed to understand the actual post script. Stack-based reverse polish notation language is not for me. But there were enough identifiable pieces to be able to isolate individual pages, figure out their key tags, and put additional data onto the page such as page number and who it is going to.

There is always a crash point of too much or too complex data. I would usually fix it by simply reducing the batch size since it was quantity dependent typically.

For many thousand page production this can take quite a while but it is simply scripting a bit and grinding through all the data
New Hoping not to have to do it again
The spousette and opposing counsel have been playing a game of legal chicken, and as of last night the other side appears to have blinked, which means the court may never actually read the PDFs. My time will be folded into the billable hours, part of a tidy sum that will now be paid by the other side.

cordially,
New Just keep it in mind
The next tiqme she does a class action you're going to need to juggle some serious documents. And if you have the capability that means you can handle that kind of case.
New That's a good point
When these types of cases involve so much malicious compliance via paper blizzard, the ability to handle the documents more efficiently than opposing counsel (or at least more efficiently than your potential competitors) can be a distinct advantage.
--

Drew
New This is where tech has an advantage
Figure out this stuff.
New just for grins I searched for a class action paperwork generator and found the following
http://www.legalfakes.com/
off topic but amusing
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" ā€“ Richard Feynman
New That's just f****** horrible
And isn't serving legal documents fraudulently a criminal offense?
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 11, 2021, 02:37:58 AM EST
New no, not if the court referenced does not exist
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" ā€“ Richard Feynman
     Near-death experience on Big Cheese (longish read) - (rcareaga) - (11)
         Computers are annoying. - (Another Scott)
         Could you not have used the Print function to break up the original PDF? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             breaking up is[nā€™t] so very hard to do - (rcareaga)
         Should you need to do that kind of stuff in the future - (crazy) - (7)
             Hoping not to have to do it again - (rcareaga) - (6)
                 Just keep it in mind - (crazy) - (5)
                     That's a good point - (drook) - (4)
                         This is where tech has an advantage - (crazy) - (3)
                             just for grins I searched for a class action paperwork generator and found the following - (boxley) - (2)
                                 That's just f****** horrible - (crazy) - (1)
                                     no, not if the court referenced does not exist -NT - (boxley)

Somebody say, "Co-lom-bo!"
84 ms