IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New To me, IR is just radiated heat.
The heat source is not touching you, but your body is receiving it, consuming it, and converting to heat that yous feel. That's how campfires warm us. But, we are not totally opaque to IR so it goes in deeper into the body. And if you think about how oximeters work, some of it can go through us. Or, at least our finger.

While air is pretty much transparent to IR, as I recall there are some IR frequencies that are consumed by the atmosphere and do not make it from the sun to the earth's surface.

If you used an electric heating pad on the same area of your body, it would have a similar same effect on your body. But, you would be hottest at the outer skin layer and further in heated up by heat conduction.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Way different
They actually take human generated body heat in special clothing and convert it to infrared and send it back to you. The wavelengths count. For what they're trying to do they use ones that generate very little heat, at least that's what they're trying to do, but hit these particular wavelengths that have biological stimulating effects.

On the larger scale they have those magic wands or full body machines. On the surgical scale they try to stick fiber optics at specific locations for the light stimulation.

Either way my use of a heat lamp would pick up a slight amount of the biologically active wavelengths (If it is producing any, not even sure it produces anything within the correct range) as well as cooking me.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5505738/
New Clearly, I do not know anything about IR's biological effects.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Snake oil / placebo or a real therapy? - (crazy) - (4)
         Glad you found something that works for you. - (Another Scott)
         To me, IR is just radiated heat. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Way different - (crazy) - (1)
                 Clearly, I do not know anything about IR's biological effects. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

No! No! Not E.T.! Kill! Kill! Kill E.T.! Glock E.T.!
33 ms