IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Specifically, the power to certify state results
--

Drew
New I continue to think that that's not a slam-dunk.
"Equal Protection" and Article IV Section 4:

At its core, the Guarantee Clause provides for majority rule. A republican government is one in which the people govern through elections. This is the constant refrain of the Federalist Papers. Alexander Hamilton, for example, put it this way in The Federalist No. 57: “The elective mode of obtaining rulers is the characteristic policy of republican government.”

Thus, the Guarantee Clause imposes limitations on the type of government a state may have. The Clause requires the United States to prevent any state from imposing rule by monarchy, dictatorship, aristocracy, or permanent military rule, even through majority vote. Instead, governing by electoral processes is constitutionally required.

Of course, lawyers are paid to be able to argue every side of every issue. But I find it hard to believe that the courts will let the GQP simply nullify election results. If it were that easy, it would have been done already.

Our job as voters is to make sure that the results aren't close enough to steal...

Cheers,
Scott.
     2024 Presidential Election Predictions - (pwhysall) - (9)
         I'm sure "Profit" would show up several steps higher -NT - (drook)
         Counterpoints... - (Another Scott) - (4)
             2022 is going to be a rough mid-term election though. - (malraux) - (2)
                 Specifically, the power to certify state results -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     I continue to think that that's not a slam-dunk. - (Another Scott)
             But Teddy came close, didn't he? -NT - (CRConrad)
         hoping he coughs out before then of natural causes -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             Or has to campaign from jail. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 New York or Georgia state prisons. - (a6l6e6x)

Somebody call Cirque du Soleil, because I am about to flip my shit!
120 ms