IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Shocking by AC is bad.
I've heard AC voltages keep you from snapping your hand away while DC voltages trigger you to snap your hand away.

I once got zapped by a black and white CRT I was trying to replace. That CRT ran at 17K volts when on. The TV was unplugged, but the CRT was not fully discharged. I was holding a screw driver and instinctively tossed it across the room when I got zapped. It's not a mistake you make more than once! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New That's back to front, and why we switched from DC to AC.
     Track lights that are not track lights, what are they? - (crazy) - (12)
         Cable lighting? - (Another Scott) - (11)
             Yep, looks like that - (crazy) - (10)
                 All I see is that it's "low voltage" - (Another Scott) - (9)
                     "I got shocked by 120V AC as a kid" - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                         I got 330 once at work - (drook)
                         I've had the usual kisses and love taps from electrical gear at home. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Yeah, I got lucky - (drook)
                         Shocking by AC is bad. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             That's back to front, and why we switched from DC to AC. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         "What's this little hole inside Daddy's workshop refrigerator?" - (CRConrad)
                     Merely using the rails for clamps - (crazy) - (1)
                         Holy s***, you people are dangerous - (crazy)

Anything that ugly should die and be eaten at breakfast.
74 ms