IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New monitor was in the corner
where I have my table set up. PC right next to it. Maybe enough room for something 27" wide, probably no more. I don't do any photo editing. I never bought a video card so I'm using the built-in video on the motherboard (I'm not a gamer so I'm fine with that).

Looked at Best Buy's web site - nearly every low priced monitor is unavailable. Newegg wasn't much better. They do have some refurbished square LCD monitors but I'm leery about 2nd hand equipment.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New A portrait-capable monitor might be another option.
Years ago I had a refurbished Hitachi 1600x1200 tube that was great, but only lasted a year or so. I hated it when LCD monitors went to 16x9 - it's horrible for spreadsheets, etc.

There are still a few monitors that can rotate to Portrait mode. That might be a decent compromise if you need the vertical space.

https://webtrainingguides.com/best-vertical-monitor/

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: A portrait-capable monitor might be another option.

Years ago I had a refurbished Hitachi 1600x1200 tube that was great, but only lasted a year or so.

And that's why I'll skip refurbished monitors - ditto for refurbished hard drives. Other components are more durable, but for those 2 I'll buy new for peace of mind.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
     My Samsung LCD monitor died this morning - (lincoln) - (7)
         If you have the space... - (Another Scott) - (4)
             monitor was in the corner - (lincoln) - (2)
                 A portrait-capable monitor might be another option. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Re: A portrait-capable monitor might be another option. - (lincoln)
             ETA... - (Another Scott)
         5:4 ratio monitors are still quite available . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Happy with my Dell U2419H and U2419HC so far - (malraux)

"First they came for the verbs and I said nothing, for verbing weirds language. Then they arrival for the nouns and I speech nothing, for I no verbs." - Peter Ellis
68 ms