IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh so you don't have a goal
Kill it and move on.
New But his daughter has a goal: Playing with that character.
Not necessarily for the parental-control-requiring traits of it, but perhaps others. Killing it would deprive her of those traits too.

(The other solution, Drew, is of course to just disable parental controls altogether. They're probably set according to silly American standards anyway: She's been virtually splattered in on-screen blood and gore since she was seven, but this character shows a hint of boobs, or something?)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Problem is, as far as I can tell, it's all or nothing
If I disable parental controls entirely, that opens up communication. I don't want her texting with people I don't know, and I can't find a way to disable only that in the game. Either the game is whitelisted or it's not.
--

Drew
New Ah. Yeah, that should probably be separate.
As should perhaps blood-and-gore-spatter vs flashing-a-boob, so bloodthirsty prudes can disable one but not the other, and sexually-liberated anti-violence people vice versa.

Would probably lead to ever more fine-grained sub(-sub-sub-sub...)-distinctions, and then complaints about "too confusing interface", or at least I guess that's their excuse for not doing it that way. (Though yeah, chatting with people vs in-game character behaviour seems a more fundamental distinction to me too.)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Possibly fixed
She came to me last night to enter the password so she could play. After entering, I noticed that instead of temporarily disabling parental controls I was whitelisting the game. (She wasn't trying to trick me, just followed the prompts onscreen.)

I went into the app on my phone and un-whitelisted it and now she seems to be able to get into the game with controls enabled again.

This feels like a bug in how parental controls are implemented.
--

Drew
     Any Switch owners here? - (drook) - (7)
         Get rid of the character - (crazy) - (6)
             Yeah, that's the obvious thing - (drook) - (5)
                 Oh so you don't have a goal - (crazy) - (4)
                     But his daughter has a goal: Playing with that character. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         Problem is, as far as I can tell, it's all or nothing - (drook) - (2)
                             Ah. Yeah, that should probably be separate. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Possibly fixed - (drook)

It's their own fault! If they wanted to break the law without consequences, they should have gone into banking.
61 ms